£120,000 to £130,000 plus Benefits & EquityLondon
ABPM have been retained by a fast-growth business at a pivotal stage in its history. With an established reputation for exceptional quality, delivery and customer service, they are now backed by one of the UK's leading VC investors. In this regard, this opportunity to join comes at an exciting time in the business's lifecycle.
The successful candidate will be seen as a key partner to the CEO and the VC investment team, playing a central role in validating strategic direction, enhancing visibility on commercial opportunities and developing a world-class finance function to support the business in the next phase of its advancement. This will entail instilling a strong financial and analytical approach and mind-set throughout the organisation. Amongst a broad remit, your role will deliver the following:
- Create a finance capability across the business, delivering a robust control framework that supports the rapid growth of the business.
- Critique the financial and investment plans such that they are aligned with business objectives and goals.
- Prioritise strategic initiatives to ensure the business maximises growth potential for both revenue and EBITDA.
- Prepare and present high-quality reporting to the Board and exec team.
- Develop and upgrade the business's MI to aid management decision-making, forecasting and budgeting in the delivery of the business plan.
- Enhance the professionalisation of the finance function, including systems upgrade / automation.
- Build and lead a high-quality finance team that has the capability to both challenge and support the broader business financially and commercially.
- Be a proactive conduit to the VC/private equity investors about the company's performance and forecasts.
- In the future, support and lead on the financial elements in preparing the business for exit.
In the new CFO, who must be a qualified ACA/ACCA/ACMA, we will seek a strong track record as a Finance Director/CFO in a privately held or subsidiary of a corporate company. It may be their first appointment in a VC/PE setting although a prior role in a VC/private equity environment would be useful but not essential. Broad business services or outsourcing sector experience will be very beneficial to the ideal candidate. It is, however, a prerequisite to possess a deep understanding of the revenue, profit drivers and key KPIs of a B2B services environment with a recurring revenue model. Ultimately, the successful candidate should embody the business's relentless drive and energy for excellent results and performance.
Please note: This is a confidential role, so candidates with the requisite skill set will be asked to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement before any information about the business is shared.
To be considered for this role, please get in touch by phone, emailing your CV quoting our job reference EX939740 or apply online.0115 9061 222
All contact details can be found via our website.