Our client is a fast growing, international retail business with exciting growth plans. They are now looking to recruit a Head of FP&A to support the CFO and wider finance function The successful candidate will be an experienced and highly commercial finance professional with a proven track record working in a fast paced, high growth business. Key to success will be a desire to challenge, drive improvements to reporting and accuracy, evaluate risk and see the big picture and impact of any strategic initiatives. Reporting to the CFO key responsibilities will include:
- To lead and develop the Financial Planning & Analysis capability within the Finance Team
- Ownership of the long-term planning model
- Lead the Annual Budget & reforecasting process
- Quarterly reporting and board pack preparation
- Management of cash flow, debt and covenants
- Coaching members of the finance team and business partners
- Ensure monthly board pack reporting, acquisition reporting other exec key reports are accurate and timely.
- Liaising with senior management to assess ongoing performance and ensure KPIs are relevant and timely
- Review current monthly reporting and analysis looking to improve quality and timeliness, utilising BI/improved modelling where relevant
- Undertaking performance reviews and challenging where necessary
- Supporting M&A
- You will be a qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA or ACA)
- Strong Excel skills and solid understanding of accounting software and reporting tools
- Strong team player, with good emotional intelligence
- Commercial and strategic mindset with the ability to highlight risk, sense check numbers and see the bigger picture - able to challenge where needed
- Ability to interact both at the Board level and with front-line staff.
- Effective interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ideally experience of fast-growing businesses within either Retail, Wholesale or Manufacturing.
We know that diverse recruitment practices start with us. We encourage and celebrate applicants regardless of race (including colour, nationality and ethnic or national origin), age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, sex, gender reassignment, disability, marital status, pregnancy and maternity or socioeconomic background. We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace by ensuring a diverse pool of talent, eliminating unlawful discrimination and recruiting the best person for each role. We review our practices on equality and diversity regularly.