My client, a prominent global commodities trading firm, is currently seeking to recruit a market risk analyst for their London office. In this role, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the development of new business models and work on technological solutions aimed at fostering a modern, sustainable, and forward-looking energy supply. Additionally, you will play a proactive role in shaping changes within the organization.
- Manage commodity market risk across the firm’s trading portfolio, including the analysis of exposures, synergies, diversification, and concentration risk.
- Evaluate non-standard/structured deals and conduct ad-hoc deal analysis.
- Provide support and challenge commercial areas with comprehensive quantitative and qualitative analyses of trading strategies, addressing risk/return potentials.
- Define, align, and support the implementation of market risk mitigation strategies.
- Conduct scenario analysis and simulation, collaborating closely with the quantitative team to enhance methods for risk assessment.
- Represent and present the managed portfolio to senior stakeholders and management.
- Substantial experience in risk management or trading within an energy trading company.
- In-depth knowledge of European and global energy markets.
- Preferably, experience in long-term risk assessments and algorithmic trading.
- Strong analytical orientation with a problem-solving mindset.
- Ability to quantitatively analyse and identify risks using simulation-based modelling and other methods.
- Familiarity with option theory and risk metrics, with the ability to manage the interface with the quants team.