Jefferies Financial Group Inc. (‘‘Jefferies,’’ ‘‘we,’’ ‘‘us’’ or ‘‘our’’) is a U.S.-headquartered global full service, integrated investment banking and securities firm. Our largest subsidiary, Jefferies LLC, a U.S. broker-dealer, was founded in the U.S. in 1962 and our first international operating subsidiary, Jefferies International Limited, a U.K. broker-dealer, was established in the U.K. in 1986. Our strategy focuses on continuing to build out our investment banking effort, enhancing our capital markets businesses and further developing our Leucadia Asset Management alternative asset management platform. We offer deep sector expertise across a full range of products and services in investment banking, equities, fixed income, asset and wealth management in the Americas, Europe and the Middle East and Asia.Team Description
The Enterprise Risk team is part of the Risk Management Department and is responsible for:
- Undertaking entity-wide stress testing and scenario analysis and supporting the stress testing infrastructure of the wider Jefferies Group across risk disciplines
- Developing and maintaining economic capital models which feed into the Firmwide capital adequacy assessment -including market risk, counterparty risk, settlement risk, operational risk, business risk- as well as leading the development and implementation of the Firmwide internal risk-based capital methodology used to inform capital allocation
- Assessing Group’s portfolio risks and vulnerabilities across business lines, with focus on concentrations and diversification, identifying and implementing controls to mitigate those including the enhancement of top down, Firmwide Reporting
- Developing and implementing the entity-wide climate risk identification, measurement and reporting framework and processes, and supporting the development of the climate risk management framework for the wider Jefferies Group
- Developing and maintaining the Risk Taxonomy across financial and non-financial risks covering all Group’s activities and business lines.
- Implementing and maintaining the Risk Management Framework, Stress Testing Framework, Risk Appetite Framework (including risk appetite definition and calibration), Country Risk Framework, Business Model Analysis, and Risk Strategy and Governance of Jefferies Group.
The successful candidate will be a member of the Jefferies International Limited Enterprise Risk team based in London. The role requires the applicant to have a good understanding of risk management frameworks and processes, knowledge of the prudential regulatory framework and experience of conducting internal capital assessments, stress testing and scenario analysis. The candidate should also have a good knowledge of and interest in investment banking business models and capital market products, be comfortable analysing complex and large data sets, have good excel and coding skills, and demonstrate good oral and written communication skills.Primary responsibilities
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the development and maintenance of economic capital models, including internal risk-based capital, and supporting the quarterly and annual capital adequacy assessment process and the production of regulatory submissions
- Supporting the development and implementation of the entity-wide climate risk identification, measurement and reporting framework and processes
- Supporting the development, maintenance and analysis of entity-wide stress testing scenarios (including market risk, credit counterparty and settlement risk, business risk and reverse stress testing)
- Supporting the identification, assessment, and reporting of emerging risks across business lines
- Supporting the maintenance and ongoing enhancement of relevant frameworks, policies, and procedures.
The following skills and experience are required for this role:
Location of work
- At least 5 years of experience in the financial services industry working in Risk, Risk Consultancy firms or Regulatory bodies
- Familiarity of financial products across fixed income and equities and their risk management
- Good grasp of stress testing regulatory requirements and industry practices
- Understanding of the UK and European prudential regulatory framework, including Basel III (CRR/CRDIV) requirements, with prior experience in capital and liquidity assessments and planning (including recovery and solvent wind-down);
- Good written and oral communication / presentation skills
- Analytical and numerate with strong technical skills, including excel & coding
- Being a team player, comfortable to work in a dynamic and evolving environment.
This role is based in London and will be office based or flexible working with a blend of home and office, subject to Jefferies operational requirements
At Jefferies, we believe that diversity fosters creativity, innovation and thought leadership through the infusion of new ideas and perspectives. We have made a commitment to building a culture that provides opportunities for all employees regardless of our differences and supporting a workforce that is reflective of the communities where we work and live. As a result, we can pool our collective insights and intelligence to provide fresh and innovative thinking for our clients.
Jefferies is an equal employment opportunity workplace. We practice equal opportunity for all, regardless of race, religion, ancestry, color, gender, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, marital, family and social status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, reproductive health decisions, trade union membership or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to hiring the most qualified applicants and complying with all federal, state, and local equal employment opportunity laws. As part of this commitment, Jefferies will extend reasonable accommodations or adjustments to individuals with qualified disabilities, as appropriate, under applicable law.
For Jefferies’s latest COVID-19 policy, please click Jefferies’ COVID-19 Policy - APAC/EMEA