PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income with deep expertise across public and private markets. We invest our clients' capital across a range of fixed income and credit opportunities, leveraging our decades of experience navigating complex debt markets. Our flexible capital base and deep relationships with issuers have helped us become one of the world's largest providers of traditional and nontraditional solutions for companies that need financing and investors who seek strong risk-adjusted returns.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients. Position Overview
PIMCO is seeking to recruit an experienced Credit Analyst to cover a portfolio of EMEA names in non-financial investment grade and high yield sectors (exact sectors to be determined). Credit analysts at PIMCO specialize in a number of industries and cover all levels of the capital structure including both investment grade and high yield. They report into the Head of European Credit Research and Global Head of Credit Research. Essential Job Functions
This position will have sole responsibility for his or her sector including managing the analysis and making the recommendations. Responsibilities include:
- Generating and proactively communicating investment ideas to Portfolio Managers
- Providing fundamental and relative value research
- Producing written reports such as company evaluations, quarterly updates, relative value analyses and industry reviews
- Responding to Portfolio Manager enquiries regarding credit concerns, market overviews, and sector changes
- Occasional interaction with clients or client service professionals
- Ideally over 10 years of experience in credit research with a focus on HY
- Outstanding skills in conducting in-depth, fundamental credit research including financial modeling and relative value analysis
- Demonstrate the ability to make judgments regarding a company's competitive position, risk and valuation
- Proactive in generating successful investment ideas, including taking the lead in advocating investment ideas and opportunities to Portfolio Managers
- High level of numeracy and attention to detail
- Exceptional communication skills with a strong command of the English language (verbal and written skills)
- Ability to prioritise competing demands for time and cover the industry research with minimal direction
- Strong academic track record ideally with CFA, Accountancy or MBA qualifications
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.