The Value of Active Minds About Jupiter
Jupiter is one of the UK's leading investment management companies with just over 500 employees and £51.4 billion worth of assets under management (as at 30th June 2023).
Jupiter provides investment services to individual and institutional investors through mutual funds (UK unit trusts, Luxembourg SICAVs and Dublin OEICs), separately managed accounts and sub-advised funds. Jupiter has experienced a period of international growth with offices open in EMEA, APAC and the US.
The majority of our employees are based in our London office located just minutes from Victoria station which provides stair-free access from both the Underground's Victoria line and National Rail platforms, as well as limited road crossings to the Jupiter office. Our London office was designed to encourage employees to live active, healthy lives with floor-to-ceiling windows that allow for greater natural light and the benefit of a private balcony, table tennis room, cycle storage and on-site shower and locker facilities. The short distance to Green Park and St James' Park also provides employees with a natural space to relax during their lunch break and a healthy alternative to office-based meetings.
We offer our UK employees a 3:2 hybrid working arrangement where Tuesdays, Thursdays and a third day of your choice are worked from the office. The other two days may be worked from home. This facilitates collaboration and allows employees to maximise productivity whilst maintaining a healthy work/life balance. Background
The Performance Reporting Analyst role is a key part of the Performance Reporting Team. The role holder will play a vital role in production of performance reports, cleansing and enhancement of data, analysis of existing processes and assessment of new ideas for automation. This work is a key input to process improvement activities being conducted by the Performance Team and overseen by the Head of Performance & Client Reporting. Key Responsibilities
Desired Skills / Experience
- Develop a strong understanding of the Jupiter Fund range and the investment processes.
- Establish strong working relationships across the business including Investment Management, Client Group & Risk
- Responsibility for performance process mapping within the team
- Review the current offerings of the team and consider efficiencies, using automated processes where possible
- Actively contribute as required to firm-wide and team projects and initiatives with a focus on efficiencies and automation
- Articulate complex issues in a clear and understandable manner to be taken appropriate forums & senior management
- Contribute to the production and delivery of ad hoc performance related reports and analysis for all asset classes, financial instruments and fund types.
- Contribute to the team's BAU deliverables and identify automation opportunities.
- Work closely with colleagues across the business to strengthen the way in which performance data is utilised and presented
- Maximise output capabilities of all systems used including Aladdin, FactSet, Morningstar, Bloomberg, Statpro and all other systems used at Jupiter
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of applicable regulatory directives and industry best practice affecting Performance Reporting and analysis
- Support the management of independent third-party relationships with data analytics providers.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of performance reports and analysis to support new products and new requirements
Additional Role Details
- Strong knowledge across all asset types
- Comfortable with the analysis and testing of large data sets
- Knowledge of performance attribution models.
- Knowledge of relevant quantitative systems including Aladdin, Factset, Bloomberg.
- A keen interest in investment and markets.
- Self starter with excellent communication and influencing skills.
- IT skills including Excel, PowerPoint, Bloomberg and proficient with technology.
- Ideally this candidate would have familiarity with a coding language such as SQL and/or Python
- This role is subject to the Conduct Rules set by the FCA.
Don't meet every requirement? At Jupiter we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you are interested in this role, but don't think your experience aligns perfectly with every listed requirement in the job description, we would encourage you to apply. You may be the right person for this role.