We are Alter Domus. Our name means "The Other House" and we're a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you're speaking to. And it's your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 4,000 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
Alter Domus clients include the world's leading asset managers, lenders, and asset owners. We're specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets, and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what's possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services. JOB DESCRIPTION:
We have vacancies in our Fund Services team where you will be responsible to help service our portfolio of Real Estate clients and will work as part of a team to achieve and meet their needs. Specific responsibilities include the following.
- Acting as the main accounting & administration liaison and point of contact for your clients;
- Bookkeeping and reporting of funds and associated fund structures;
- Preparing management accounts (NAV packs) and financial statements under UK GAAP or IFRS (primary statements and notes utilising trial balances and associated documentation);
- Planning of annual audits and management of the audit process;
- Assist with the processing of fund capital calls, distributions, subscriptions & redemptions;
- Interaction with clients, board members, third party intermediaries such as banks, lawyers, accountants, and tax advisors both in person and via written or telephone communication;
- Assisting with the preparation, collation and ongoing monitoring of Know Your Customer and Client Due Diligence Files;
- Processing / reviewing of client payments on a variety of bank platforms;
- You will be an important link between management and junior staff, with responsibility for the quality and delivery of the work that is carried out for your clients;
- Review work produced for submission to senior level staff;
- Responsible for ongoing technical coaching/development of junior staff;
- Managing Fund transactions with the support of the Engagement Manager.
- Assistance with Fund related regulatory & compliance processes;
- Responsibility for the client billing & cash management process;
- Assist with the monitoring and delivery of finance & compliance related KPIs;
- Assist with ad hoc projects as required from time to time
- You are educated to the equivalent of A-Level or University Degree
- You hold a (or will shortly be completing your) professional qualification such as ACCA or ACA or equivalent.
- You have a minimum of 3 years relevant experience managing structures of a similar nature (experience with Real Estate clients would be considered highly beneficial however candidates with accounting experience in other alternative asset classes would be considered)
- You possess team spirit, the capacity to build strong client relationships, and take initiative to act without waiting for direction when appropriate.
- You are ambitious with a high level of energy and commitment;
- You have the ability to work under pressure and meet a range of deadlines;
- You possess excellent communication skills;
- You have an adaptable approach to using appropriate software and systems (experience working with Yardi accounting system would be highly preferable)