The purpose of the role is to work with the Risk Steward and Global Business/Function representatives to simplify financial risk policies including, but not limited to:
- Review the existing Financial Risk Policies in the Group Manuals System (GMS) and accurately translating the content into the newly-designed policy template;
- Simplify the language and load the new content into the new Group Policy & Procedure System (GPPS);
- Work with SMEs in the second line of defence to ensure that the policy content is accurate and complete and, where applicable, links to minimum controls;
- Obtain and respond to stakeholder feedback on the changes made;
- Obtain Risk Steward sign-off of the refreshed policies; and
- Oversee publication of the refreshed policies in GPPS.
- Highly skilled linguists/copywriters (in the English language) with experience in writing policy documents, preferably in a financial institution;
- Experience of working within Financial Services and demonstrating working with complex technical copy is essential, working in a bank would be advantageous;
- Basic knowledge of Financial Risks (Credit, Market, & Treasury Risks) desirable but not essential;
- Ability to communicate clearly and distil complex ideas into a simple message;
- Ability to take ownership and demonstrate initiative;
- Excellent communication skills to forge effective relationships with key stakeholders;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at one time, be extremely organised, work well under pressure either independently or as part of a team;
- Excellent eye for detail in the accurate management of documentation and production of materials;
- Focused and deadline driven to ensure the job is completed to the correct specification and to a high standard.
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.