As a Tax Audit & Controversy Director, you will be joining a global infrastructure business.
- Develop, evaluate and implement tax audit defence strategies in the areas of enquiry response, mitigation, escalation and closure.
- Research and develop tax positions with regards to tax audit enquiries and tax controversy cases, including "hands-on" analysis and reconciliation on complex data in order to understand risk exposure / develop tax defence strategies.
- Work closely with regional and country tax teams as well as external tax consultants to review and analyse all required documentation and guide the preparation of response to tax authority enquiry.
- Manage tax rulings and other negotiations with the tax authorities to resolve tax disputes.
- Be part of the key influencing force with respect to tax audit resolution to achieve optimal outcomes for the Group.
- Oversee the regional tax audit status reporting, working closely with regional and local tax teams to ensure timely reporting.
- Provide timely advice / recommendation on tax audit provision based on risk exposure, accounting requirement and tax management strategy.
Skills & experience required:
- Relevant tax/accounting qualification
- Leading accounting firm and/or MNC experience
- Proven experience of handling tax audits in multiple countries and multiple tax disciplines in direct taxes
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.