The European Corporate Control team is responsible for the timely and accurate reporting and accounting of the Firm’s Expenses, Legal Entity Control and Reporting, accounting for various non trading assets and liabilities, including Intercompany and Cash reconciliations within the European Entities; Other Assets and Liabilities; Accounting for Leases and Fixed Assets. The team is also responsible for the Accounts Payable and Receivable functions.
We are looking for a Corporate Controller to join our Finance/Accounting team to manage various corporate functions including:
- Legal entity controller for certain European Entities.
- Reconciliation of financial statement accounts, such as accounts receivable, fixed assets and intercompany.
- Assist in expense monitoring process including liaising with Front Office, Back Office, Accounts Payable and Overseas Accountants.
- Prepare cost accruals and calculate prepayments.
- Posting of Journals to the ledger as required to complete month end.
- Substantiation and analysis of owned Balance sheet accounts
- Assisting in the preparation of various management packs for senior management
- Assisting the team with ad-hoc Financial Control queries from stakeholders (Front Office/Product Control/Treasury/ Operations).
- Review and development of existing processes to improve efficiency.
The following skills and experience are required for this role:
- Qualified Accountant.
- Detail orientated and accurate approach.
- Experience of PeopleSoft an advantage.
- Good Excel skills essential (pivot tables, VLOOKUPS etc).
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience of working in time pressured environment.
- Team-work minded attitude.
Jefferies Financial Group Inc. (‘‘Jefferies,’’ ‘‘we,’’ ‘‘us’’ or ‘‘our’’) is a U.S.-headquartered global full service, integrated investment banking and securities firm. Our largest subsidiary, Jefferies LLC, a U.S. broker-dealer, was founded in the U.S. in 1962 and our first international operating subsidiary, Jefferies International Limited, a U.K. broker-dealer, was established in the U.K. in 1986. Our strategy focuses on continuing to build out our investment banking effort, enhancing our capital markets businesses and further developing our Leucadia Asset Management alternative asset management platform. We offer deep sector expertise across a full range of products and services in investment banking, equities, fixed income, asset and wealth management in the Americas, Europe and the Middle East and Asia.
At Jefferies, we believe that diversity fosters creativity, innovation and thought leadership through the infusion of new ideas and perspectives. We have made a commitment to building a culture that provides opportunities for all employees regardless of our differences and supports a workforce that is reflective of the communities where we work and live. As a result, we are able to pool our collective insights and intelligence to provide fresh and innovative thinking for our clients.
Jefferies is an equal employment opportunity employer, and takes affirmative action to ensure that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, genetic information, reproductive health decisions, or any other factor protected by applicable law. We are committed to hiring the most qualified applicants and complying with all federal, state, and local equal employment opportunity laws. As part of this commitment, Jefferies will extend reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities, as required by applicable law.
All employees must follow Jefferies’ COVID-19 protocol policy, which is subject to change.