Senior Event Coordinator, EMEA & AP
Jefferies is seeking an Event Coordinator to assist with the firm’s various internal and client events, sponsorships and event tickets. Events range from client meetings, lunches, dinners, cocktail receptions, speaker series, multi-day events, sporting events and seminars. The coordinator would work with various business groups in EMEA and Asia Pacific to successfully execute these events. The role is offered on a 12-month consultancy basis.Team
The Corporate Event Coordinator will be based in London and will report into our EMEA Head of Events. He/she will handle corporate event needs for Asset Management, Equities, Fixed Income, Investment Banking, and Corporate across Europe, Asia and Australia. The wider events team and Global Head of Events are based in Jefferies head office, located in New York.Responsibilities include:
- Comprehensively coordinate meetings, events, industry sponsorships & charitable sponsorships
- Plan, execute and host virtual meetings and webinars via online platforms, including Zoom and Microsoft Teams
- Prepare program specifications for in person events (room setup, AV, catering, name tags)
- Manage the development of invites, event signage and firm branding, working closely with the Marketing team
- Financial management and negotiation of event budgets
- Maintain and grow supplier relationships
- Negotiate with and contract vendors (i.e., venues, hotels, ground transportation, entertainment, décor, etc.)
- Handle the submission of contracts and legal review - ensure that we are following proper signatory procedures
- Work onsite at various events, to include some global travel opportunities
- Manage team administrative functions, including monthly expense reconciliation, budgeting documents and vendor directory.
- Minimum 2 years of event planning experience
- Experience of working in the financial service industry a plus, but not essential
- Quick learner who is highly motivated and a proactive self-starter
- Ability to work cohesively in a team, as well as independently
- Ability to support and “take ownership” of multiple projects and requests simultaneously
- Superior organization and adaptability skills with a strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong computer skills with proficient knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Cvent and Zoom a plus, but not essential
Jefferies Financial Group Inc. Jefferies is a U.S.-headquartered global full service, integrated investment banking and securities firm. Our largest subsidiary, Jefferies LLC, a U.S. broker-dealer, was founded in the U.S. in 1962 and our first international operating subsidiary, Jefferies International Limited, a U.K. broker-dealer, was established in the U.K. in 1986. Our strategy focuses on continuing to build out our investment banking effort, enhancing our capital markets businesses and further developing our Leucadia Asset Management alternative asset management platform. We offer deep sector expertise across a full range of products and services in investment banking, equities, fixed income, asset and wealth management in the Americas, Europe and the Middle East and Asia.
At Jefferies, we believe that diversity fosters creativity, innovation and thought leadership through the infusion of new ideas and perspectives. We have made a commitment to building a culture that provides opportunities for all employees regardless of our differences and supports a workforce that is reflective of the communities where we work and live. As a result, we are able to pool our collective insights and intelligence to provide fresh and innovative thinking for our clients.
Jefferies is an equal employment opportunity employer. We practice equal opportunity for all, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, ancestry, color, gender, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, marital, family and social status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, reproductive health decisions, trade union membership or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to hiring the most qualified applicants and complying with all federal, state, and local equal employment opportunity laws. As part of this commitment, Jefferies will extend reasonable accommodations or adjustments to individuals with qualified disabilities, as appropriate, under applicable law.
All employees must follow Jefferies’ COVID-19 protocol policy, which is subject to change.