Time Type: Full time
Worker Type: Employee The opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity in QBE's Group Internal Audit (GIA) function for an experienced Senior Internal Auditor to join a professional, innovative, and friendly team in London. As a key member of this effective and well-regarded function, you will conduct internal audits across various divisional functions, processes and controls, providing value to the business through audit recommendations. Your new role
- Lead a variety of internal audits and engagements across the European Operations division, including more complex reviews.
- Perform and document internal audit planning and testing to a high standard and within timelines.
- Report and communicate audit results, working with management to address risk and control deficiencies, recommend remediation or control improvements, and monitor management actions.
- Support the implementation of best practices and new initiatives such as data analysis and agile approaches to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the team, coaching junior team members where necessary.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with management, staff, and stakeholders within and outside the audits. Leverage the relationships to understand their needs and expectations and to continuously monitor the control environment.
- Potential for travelling to UK, Europe and other international branches / offices.
- Actively participate in Internal Audit's Centre of Excellence programmes, such as underwriting, claims, ESG, data analytics, risk culture.
- Provide meaningful contributions to various GIA initiatives that support delivery of the GIA strategy.
Why QBE? At My Best
- Proven experience in leading audits of financial and operational controls within the insurance or the financial services sector.
- A professional qualification in audit, insurance, risk management or related area, or significant progress towards.
- An analytical thinker, with the ability to explore and evaluate information, including the use of data analysis techniques.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills capable of building relationships with key stakeholders at all levels of management.
- The ability to balance the quality and timeliness of audit outputs.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing learning and development.
- Effective and engaged in a hybrid work environment.
At QBE, we want our people to feel rewarded and inspired to perform at their best, that's why we have created At My Best". It's our connection, our way of showing we have your back. We understand that one size doesn't fit all and that priorities can change depending on your life stage. That is why our blend of wellbeing initiatives and benefits offer flexibility to suit what matters most to you. It's in the culture of our business, our QBE DNA, to support our people. Everything we do is underpinned by our QBE DNA - because we know it's not just what we do that matters, it's how we do it that makes the difference. In addition to this, we also offer flexible parental leave for both parents and have several employee network groups that support and empower our diverse workforce.
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job, we have adopted flexible working across the company and welcome this conversation.
Some of the award's QBE are proud to have won, been a finalist for, and shortlisted for include: Employer of the Year 2022 Winner
- Insurance Insider British Claims Awards 2022 Winner
- InsurTech Award Insurance Times Claims Excellence Awards 2022 Winner -
Claims Product Solution of the Year Working Families Best Practice Awards 2021
Finalist for: Best COVID-19 Response Insurance Post British Insurance Awards 2022
Shortlisted for: Best Customer Care, Diversity & Inclusion Initiative of the Year 2022, Specialist Insurer of the Year (for Construction), General Insurer of the Year.
We are proud to have partnerships with organisations such as Stonewall and Working Families, and our commitment to the Women in Finance Charter, the UN Women's Empowerment Principles and Race at Work charter helps keep us accountable and transparent. Inclusion of Diversity
We are striving to create a workplace culture where all our people feel included, and we are committed to building a diverse workforce that is reflective of the communities we operate in.
We know that diversity of thought, background and experience enables better decision making, improves the quality of our delivery and helps us to meet the needs of our customers. About QBE
QBE helps businesses build resilience through risk management and insurance.
QBE European Operations is part of QBE Insurance Group, one of the world's leading international insurers and reinsurers and Standard & Poor's A+ rated. Listed on the Australian Securities Exchange, QBE's gross written premium for the year ended 31 December 2021 was US$18.5 billion.
As a business insurance specialist, QBE European Operations offers a range of insurance products from the standard suite of property, casualty, and motor to the specialist financial lines, marine and energy. All are tailored to the individual needs of our small, medium, and large customer base.
To find out more about why you should work for QBE, visit our careers website . What next?
If you have a passion to contribute to QBE's vision of enabling a more resilient future for our customers and the community, we encourage you to APPLY NOW! Simply click the apply" button to submit your CV and other relevant documents, and a member of our friendly Talent Acquisition team will be in contact to discuss your interest further if you meet the requirements of the role.
Please make the Talent Acquisition aware should there be any reasonable adjustments that may need to be made for the interview and the remainder of the recruitment process.
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.