About this role:
Join our team as a Project Accountant and embark on an exhilarating journey in the world of finance and regulation. We're searching for a dynamic, organized professional ready to take charge and ensure the success of multiple finance and regulatory projects within our organisation.
Our International Controllers group is the driving force behind regulatory, financial, and management reporting across EMEA, APAC, and Canada. We provide essential support to a diverse range of financial services business lines, working closely with the International CFO and management team.
Are you a senior associate-level financial accountant with a passion for project-based challenges? While experience is valuable, we're committed to nurturing your talent. If you come from a financial services background, possess exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills, and bring a "roll up your sleeves" attitude, we want you on our team. At Wells Fargo, you'll thrive in a dynamic and inclusive environment within a growing investment bank.
Don't miss out on this chance to make a significant impact in the financial industry and propel your career forward. Apply today and join Wells Fargo on a rewarding journey where you can drive positive change and achieve your professional aspirations. In this role, you will:
- Project Planning (under Agile): Collaborate with the team and key stakeholders to create Roadmaps, define project scope, objectives, timelines and deliverables.
- Project Coordination: Assist project managers and senior BA's in planning, executing and monitoring projects, ensuring alignment with project objectives.
- Task Coordination: Assist in assigning deliverables and tracking progress, and ensuring timely completion of project milestones.
- Risk Management: support the identification and assessment of project risks, and assist in developing mitigation strategies to minimize potential issues.
- Process Improvement: Identify opportunities for process optimization and standardization to enhance our change management capabilities.
- Documentation Management: Maintain accurate and up to date project documentation, including plans, status reports, capacity trackers, meeting minutes, action items & scrum/ sprint planners
- Stakeholder Communication: Facilitate effective communication between Change teams, stakeholders, and senior management to ensure transparency through the project.
- Implement governance structures to help manage key elements of the change lifecycle (Identify, Assess, Prioritize, Resource and Implement) in an iterative manner.
- Analyze and identify cross project dependencies across key book of work items.
- Support International Controllers on resource planning and budgeting processes.
- Experience in Finance, Accounting, Analytics, Financial Reporting, Accounting Reporting, Risk Reporting, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- Experience managing change activity (agile) within financial services organization - Finance/ Regulatory (e.g. CRR2/CRR3, GL renovations) experience preferred.
- University degree preferred in business, finance or accounting.
- Experience managing change activity within financial services organization - Finance/ Regulatory (e.g. CRR2/CRR3, GL renovations) experience preferred.
- Clear understanding of change management discipline and ability to collaborate with external and internal stakeholders across global regions.
- Proven experience in project coordination, project management and understanding of best practices.
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills (verbal/ written
- A self-starter with excellent time and project management skills that can identify, plan, prioritize and deliver against deadlines.
- Strong technical background and proficiency with systems and spreadsheet skills including various Microsoft products like Word, Excel, Access, Visio etc.
- Detail orientated and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proven ability to work independently and to identify and resolve issues by exercising professional judgement.
Wells Fargo operates a Hybrid working model combining office and home working. The requirement is a minimum of 3 days in the office. We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process. Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.