Time Type: Full time
Worker Type: Employee
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced actuary to join our Capital Modelling team as a Capital Modelling Manager. In this role you will play a crucial part in shaping and optimizing our capital management strategies, ensuring the organization's financial resilience and regulatory compliance. If you thrive in a dynamic and collaborative environment, possess exceptional analytical skills, and have a keen understanding of the evolving landscape of risk management, we invite you to bring your expertise to our innovative and forward-thinking team. Your new role
- Awareness and understanding of the business drivers for the function that they are supporting. Deliver alongside the actuarial business plan.
- Ensure the team is aware of the plan and its context to be able to influence and make decisions appropriately.
- Participate in all business meetings as required in order to understand and support business requirements.
- Develop and manage appropriate systems and procedures to ensure accurate data is used and subsequently appropriate analyses produced. This is to include adopting efficient and consistent actuarial models and processes and/or technologies where appropriate.
- Ensure appropriate checks are performed within processes to minimize inaccuracies
- Ensure that processes are aligned with business needs and fit for purpose through liaison with the Functional teams
- Maintain and comply with documentation of key processes and policies to ensure QBE Europe and its Divisions: | Comply with all material legal and regulatory requirements | Adhere to relevant actuarial standards and good practice | Meet all internal European and / or global internal reporting requirements | Minimize the risk of business discontinuity | Ensure that processes are aligned with business needs and fit for purpose
- Manage and monitor Actuarial process, where applicable, to ensure their continued delivery and improvement to meet
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders to improve customer focus. Be primary point of contact for relevant business units.
- Network within QBE Actuarial function around the world, so as to encourage the sharing and adopting of best practice
- Satisfy all of the requirements from the functional teams in order that appropriate actuarial services are offered to all internal and external customers
- Manage a team ensuring that the overall output and quality of the service provided by the team is within specified levels.
- Develop and coach the team so as to ensure the required standards of performance, and support the continuing personal and professional development of all team members increasing their capability and share knowledge and best practice
- Interact with peers internally and externally to ensure good business relationships are developed and maintained
Why QBE? At My Best
- Good understanding of industry best practice in actuarial analysis, modelling and underwriting
- Detailed understanding of insurance business processes
- Good understanding of compliance issues
- Effective communication
- Ability to persuade and influence both directly and indirectly
- Ability to manage effectively
- Ability to produce detailed reports at various levels
- Expert user in Excel and other analytical tools. Ability to conceptualize and lead others in their use for solving specific problems
- Excellent in the use and interpretation of numerical data
- Ability to organize own work to meet deadlines
- Ability to work within defined procedures as recommended by functional teams
At QBE, we want our people to feel rewarded and inspired to perform at their best, that's why we have created At My Best". It's our connection, our way of showing we have your back. We understand that one size doesn't fit all and that priorities can change depending on your life stage. That is why our blend of wellbeing initiatives and benefits offer flexibility to suit what matters most to you. It's in the culture of our business, our QBE DNA, to support our people. Everything we do is underpinned by our QBE DNA - because we know it's not just what we do that matters, it's how we do it that makes the difference. In addition to this, we also offer flexible parental leave for both parents and have several employee network groups that support and empower our diverse workforce.
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job, we have adopted flexible working across the company and welcome this conversation.
Some of the award's QBE are proud to have won, been a finalist for, and shortlisted for include; Employer of the Year 2022 Winner
- Insurance Insider British Claims Awards 2022 Winner
- InsurTech Award Insurance Times Claims Excellence Awards 2022 Winner -
Claims Product Solution of the Year Working Families Best Practice Awards 2021
Finalist for: Best COVID-19 Response Insurance Post British Insurance Awards 2022
Shortlisted for: Best Customer Care, Diversity & Inclusion Initiative of the Year 2022, Specialist Insurer of the Year (for Construction), General Insurer of the Year
We are proud to have partnerships with organisations such as Stonewall and Working Families, and our commitment to the Women in Finance Charter, the UN Women's Empowerment Principles and Race at Work charter helps keep us accountable and transparent Inclusion of Diversity
We are striving to create a workplace culture where all our people feel included, and we are committed to building a diverse workforce that is reflective of the communities we operate in.
We know that diversity of thought, background and experience enables better decision making, improves the quality of our delivery and helps us to meet the needs of our customers. About QBE
QBE helps businesses build resilience through risk management and insurance.
QBE European Operations is part of QBE Insurance Group, one of the world's leading international insurers and reinsurers and Standard & Poor's A+ rated. Listed on the Australian Securities Exchange, QBE's gross written premium for the year ended 31 December 2021 was US$18.5 billion.
As a business insurance specialist, QBE European Operations offers a range of insurance products from the standard suite of property, casualty and motor to the specialist financial lines, marine and energy. All are tailored to the individual needs of our small, medium and large customer base.
To find out more about why you should work for QBE, visit our careers website . What next?
If you have a passion to contribute to QBE's vision of enabling a more resilient future for our customers and the community, we encourage you to APPLY NOW! Simply click the apply" button to submit your CV and other relevant documents, and a member of our friendly Talent Acquisition team will be in contact to discuss your interest further if you meet the requirements of the role.
Please make the Talent Acquisition aware should there be any reasonable adjustments that may need to be made for the interview and the remainder of the recruitment process.
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.