At Direct Line Group, insurance is just the start. Combining decades of industry experience with talented people in every field from data, technology, customer care and auto repair, to HR, finance and procurement , we’re a customer-obsessed market powerhouse. And we all work together to be brilliant for customers, every single day.
We’ve got big dreams of becoming Britain’s best retail general insurer. And we’re almost there. Our talented, reactive, and communicative finance team are on call to help us do it in a sustainable, profitable way. With close connections to our shareholders, and a commitment to integrity that spans the entire business, our people are no strangers to creating - and maintaining - value on an unbelievable scale.The Role
As Head of External Reporting, you'll report to our Director of Finance Operations and Control and lead the end-to-end production of our external financial reports, including the Annual Report & Accounts, HY report, and quarterly trading updates.
Your expertise will be instrumental in ensuring compliance with accounting standards, providing technical accounting interpretation, and collaborating with stakeholders across Direct Line Group. You'll lead a talented team in the UK and India, driving professional standards and continuous improvement.What You'll Be Doing:
What We're Looking For:
- Lead the end-to-end management and delivery of the Group's external reporting commitments.
- Supervise and provide technical accounting interpretation, generating ad hoc papers on accounting policy and interpretations.
- Collaborate with leaders across the Group to ensure business changes align with technical financial standards.
- Produce and review Disclosure Committee, Audit Committee, and Board papers, presenting and addressing feedback.
- Liaise regularly with DLG India, overseeing their production responsibilities for external financial and regulatory reports.
- Stay updated on corporate reporting developments, incorporating emerging good practices and legislation.
- Lead a team of technical accountants, fostering continuous improvement and efficient ways of working.
Ways of Working
- Qualified Accountant with experience in leading the production of External Financial reporting for Financial Services.
- Proven experience in writing Technical Board Papers.
- Strong understanding of finance processes, systems, and the financial control environment.
- Experience working with and influencing Board and Executive Level stakeholders.
Our mixed model way of working offers a 'best of both worlds' approach combining the best parts of home and office-working, offering flexibility for everyone. How much you'll be in the office depends on your role, and we'll consider the flexible working options that work best for you.
Read our flexible working approach here.Benefits
We recognise we wouldn't be where we are today without our colleagues, that's why we offer excellent benefits designed to suit your lifestyle:
- Generous 9% employer pension. Regardless of whether you contribute into your pension or not, DLG pay 9% into your pension (but you can take this as cash if you want!)
- Eligibility for annual performance bonus of up to 20%
- Generous holidays, 30 days of annual leave (excluding bank holidays). Plus, the option of buying or selling upto 5 days each year!
- 50% off home, motor and pet insurance
- Free travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover
- Electric Vehicle car scheme which allows all colleagues to lease a brand new electric or plug-in hybrid car in a tax efficient way
- Free private medical cover for you!
- Buy-as-you-earn share scheme
- Employee discounts and cashback
Direct Line Group is an equal opportunity employer, and we think diversity of background and thinking is a big strength in our people. We're delighted to feature as one of the UK's Top 50 Inclusive Employers and are committed to making our business an inclusive place to work, where everyone can be themselves and succeed in their careers.
We know you're more than a CV, and the things that make you, you, are what bring potential to our business. We recognise and embrace people that work in different ways so if you need any adjustments to our recruitment process, please speak to the recruitment team who will be happy to support you.