We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Management Accountant to join the Financial Control team. The Senior Management Accountant will be responsible for providing accurate and timely financial information to support the decision-making process of senior management and contribute towards achieving the organisation's strategic goals. This role requires strong analytical abilities, excellent communication skills, and a deep understanding of financial principles.We offer
- Base salary £50K - £55K
- Bonus targeted 10%
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Flexible benefits (access to our benefits platform for discounts and cash back on shopping purchases, gyms and leisure activities, cycle to work scheme and dedicated wellbeing centre)
- Tradebe-funded Simply Health Everyday Health Plan including access to GP 24/7
- To provide timely, accurate, and reliable monthly reporting.
- To provide strong line management and development of direct reports;
- To support UK Financial Controller, improve processes and controls, driving the business to increased efficiencies and accuracies. Rolling out projects to users and monitoring their success.
- To support UK Financial Controller with the annual audit process.
- To support the Finance Business Partner team to ensure ongoing improvement of quality management information
- Accountable for provision and continuous improvement of the service provided by direct reports.
- To manage the monthly close process to reporting deadlines for relevant sites ensuring that effective cut off processes are in place to ensure accurate and timely information.
- To provide accurate and reliable monthly balance sheet positions for all relevant company codes, including full monthly reconciliation of all control accounts.
- To provide guidance and instil effective communication channels to the sites in the understanding of financial systems and processes, aid any training required, collaborate with them, and suggest possible improvements.
- To collaborate with the Business Partnering teams to ensure ongoing development & improvement of quality management information;
- Participate in the development and implementation of financial policies (revenue recognition, fixed asset capitalisation, stock provisioning etc), procedures, and internal controls to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Stay updated on industry trends, changes in financial regulations, and best practices to recommend improvements and ensure compliance.
- Experience with SAP
- Experience of managing, developing and leading a team
- Experience of monthly management accounting and analysis
- Experience of managing multi-level relationships within the business
- Experience of multi-site working and managing challenging workloads
- Strong knowledge of financial accounting principles and practices
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, with the ability to meet strict deadlines
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Power BI
- Experience of process improvement, including through use of IT
- Experience of cross divisional working