SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £18 billion in low carbon projects to 2027, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
£53,100 - £79,700 + performance-related bonus + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity networks were ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power we need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future- proof power supplies for lifes changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects. We are in our new price control, RIIO-ED2 (2023-2028), and finance will play a key role in supporting the business in maximising our current settlement.
We are looking for a Finance Business Partner to partner our Large Capital Delivery (LCD) team. Focussed on performance improvement, business analysis & insight, strategic business planning, budgeting & forecasting activities. This is a forward-looking role that will align will work closely with the Director and lead team of the LCD directorate within Distribution providing timely and effective support and challenge to senior business management stakeholders. This includes the responsibility of the delivery of the monthly forecast, annual budget and 5yr plans.
- Proactively challenge the Business on financial performance, to drive improvements, providing insight, knowledge and recommendations at Head of / Director level.
- Advise and guide the business on strategic planning activities from a finance perspective in line with our Regulatory business plan reviewing CBAs and other investment appraisals and identifying key risks and opportunities.
- Prepare, co-ordinate and leading robust Directorate forecasts, budgets and longer term planning including stakeholder sign off, providing financial insight and challenge as necessary to ensure budgets are accurate, realistic, and aligned with the broader Distribution strategy.
- Work with the business teams to identify and review business cases for capital investments, connections proposals, contracts, WIP, efficiency opportunities and monitor the financials for the capital portfolio to improve the regulatory performance and benchmarking of the business.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to :
- Be a fully qualified accountant with 5 years+ PQE in a Business Partner / Finance Manager / Management Accountant business-interfacing role with experience of solving business issues of similar scale and complexity.
- Excellent analytical and financial modelling skills.
- Have a strong background in a project driven business with understanding of contract management, project delivery and financial planning.
- Excellent skills in interpreting and assimilating from multiple data sources, including external market data, and rendering into meaningful insight and appropriate recommendations and clear actions.
- Experience in influencing strategy and can translate this into actionable programmes, opportunities or activities that result in improved profitability or risk mitigation.
- You will be able to effectively communicate financial performance to operational colleagues to embed financial understanding within the business.
About our Business
Our SSE Finance function has a key part to play in fulfilling SSE's obligations as a UK-listed company, providing expertise and services that can be shared across the SSE Group, and working in partnership with all businesses to provide services tailored to their specific needs. SSE operates in a highly regulated and increasingly competitive environment, and our role is to ensure that we gather, compile, analyse and recommend on the financial strategy for our businesses, identifying opportunities to drive efficiencies and create value for SSE now, and in the future.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact / 01738 347632.
EXTERNAL: Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.
INTERNAL: As a courtesy, please let your current line manager know you are applying.