£35k - £40k
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Accountant to join an reputable family-run Cornish practice looking to expand their team. The company has been established for almost 30 years during which they have undergone sustained growth, and as such they are looking to add a senior member to their friendly team.
Their ethos puts heavy emphasis on excellent customer service, and an integrated team support network working together to achieve the same goals. The right candidate would be a calm and methodical team player, along with an approachable demeanor and the experience to support more junior members of staff.
- Preparing annual accounts for a varied clientele base.
- Preparing tax returns and associated tax.
- Client care and management, maintaining strong client relationships and building long-term connections.
- Reviewing work completed by more junior members of staff and supporting their development.
The ideal candidate:
- Will be ACCA qualified or would like to work towards their qualification.
- Has worked in a Practice environment previously.
- An excellent communicator through all means, able to build good working relationships both with clients and with the greater team.
- Excellent IT skills and systems knowledge. Xero and Quickbooks would be essential, and knowledge of additional softwares would be welcomed.
- Able to work flexibly and independently to meet deadlines.
- Experience supervising staff.
- For the right candidate, a quick progression route to promotion within the first year will be very achievable.
- Beautiful working location in a major Cornish town, 5 minutes' walk from the seaside.
- Company pension scheme.
- Open to both full time and part time candidates over 21.5 hours per week.
For further information and/or a confidential discussion about this Senior Accountant position, please contact Emma Dudley-Hammatt at Lloyd Barnes Accountancy Recruitment.