The UK is facing a housing crisis, and not everyone has the means to enjoy the security and stability of owning their own home. Our aim at Legal & General Affordable Homes is to transform the affordable housing sector. With a fast-growing pipeline of over 80,000 homes, we're committed to investing in housing for all ages, social groups and tenures. We're collaborating with developers, housing associations and public sector bodies across the country to drive investment into the UK's affordable housing and social housing sector. Focusing primarily on the affordable rent, shared ownership and rent-to-buy markets, we're striving to be the UK's leading private affordable housing provider, known for excellent service and quality homes. We want to have a positive economic and social impact on the regions and communities in which we work.
L&G Affordable Homes is an affordable housing business within L&G Capital set up in 2018. The business has ambitious plans to grow into a leading player to help address the chronic housing shortage in the UK and drive innovation through the sector, whilst delivering fair returns for shareholders. Affordable Housing is a key component of the integrated L&G housing strategy.
To help deliver on this ambition the business is recruiting an Investment Manager to work as a senior member of the investment finance team, ensuring high quality analysis, planning, reporting and insight is provided to senior management, approval committees and Boards.
- Contributing as a senior member of the Investment team, ensuring high quality analysis, planning and reporting.
- Managing and overseeing affordable investment opportunities across the business
- Independently reviewing all investment appraisals for accuracy and consistency with financial and investment policies. Providing an independent opinion before they are submitted to the relevant sign-off committee or other approving body.
- Ensuring provision of an effective business partnering service to business, ensuring comprehensive engagement and appropriate support and challenge to enable robust realisation of LGAH's growth plans
- For schemes above an agreed threshold, producing an independent financial review that covers all the key commercial risks and opportunities for a given scheme.
- Independently reviewing the out-turns of development schemes, ensuring all lessons are learnt by the business and analytical enhancements are embedded in the business strategy and operations.
- Preparing and maintaining financial systems to be used for the appraisal of the divisions development schemes, in accordance with the development assumptions approved by the Board.
- Developing new financial models to appraise projects of a large or unusual nature.
- Providing support to development teams with their scheme & project appraisals.
- Providing support and managing Investment Analysts who will engage with development teams in appraising investment opportunities.
- Ensuring that counterparty exposure analysis is carried out on proposed contractors and that the information is communicated to the staff proposing to use them.
- Managing the collation and presentation of data relating to development scheme reporting, undertaking portfolio analysis to develop investment strategies and making recommendations on the optimised target risk/strategy
- Carrying out other duties consistent with the level of the post as may be required.
- Deep technical financial and commercial knowledge and experience in the residential housing industry
- Specific rented housing experience in a similar role would be highly beneficial.
- Leadership and management experience
- Delivery focussed and ability to plan and execute projects across multi-disciplinary teams
- Knowledge of issues in real estate finance
- Expert-level knowledge of corporate finance
- Detailed understanding of the drivers of profitability
- Energetic, highly motivated, with a deeply inquisitive mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
- Transparency and resilience
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills
- Commercial focus and ability to translate ideas into competitive advantage
- A self-driven spirit that embraces change and is comfortable making decisions in ambiguous environment
- Decisive whilst working at a quick pace
When you commit to Legal & General, we'll commit to you too. That means we'll recognise and reward your hard work, your performance and your contribution.
If you join us, you'll get access to some great benefits, including family private medical insurance, 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), a generous pension scheme and life assurance. You'll receive a car allowance of 10% of your annual salary, and you can participate in our electric car scheme, which offers employees the option to hire a brand new electric car through tax efficient salary sacrifice. We're also proud to offer competitive family leave.
You'll have the opportunity to participate in our annual, performance-related bonus plan. And then there are the many discounts we offer that you can take advantage of - both for our own products and at a range of high street stores and online offerings.
The brand with the brolly is choosing today to change tomorrow.
Since 1836, we've grown to become one of the world's largest asset managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurance brands.
We're all here to improve the lives of our customers, build a better society for the long term, and create value for our shareholders - helping to shape a better future for society and the planet.
We need people who share our ambitions, agility and entrepreneurial spirit to help us do it.
At L&G, you'll find a balance that helps you be your best. Empowered by hybrid working, we're supported by technology and workplaces that enable us to work effectively wherever we are. We come together in offices to collaborate and connect, and use time at home for individual, focused activities. And, when we achieve great things, we celebrate our success and reward strong performance.
Today, there's over 10,000 of us, working towards our mission, with plenty of opportunities to grow your career as we grow L&G. Will you join us?
Great minds don't have to think alike, so we welcome voices from all backgrounds. Bringing together people with different life experiences helps us build empathy with our customers and drive innovation.
We don't just talk about it, we actively promote diversity and equitable opportunities for all. That means our employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status. In fact, we embrace every dimension of diversity to reflect the customers and communities we serve.
We think it's important to create an inclusive environment where we can all belong, contribute and drive progress, where you can develop and grow, and be empowered. We want you to use your voice to help us build a better tomorrow.
We all work differently, and have different needs, which is why. we're always open to discussing flexible working arrangements. Likewise, we're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with specific needs during our recruiting process.
So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.