Role Title: Finance Director - UK Private Bank and Crown Dependencies
What will you be doing:
The Private Bank and Wealth Management finance team supports four client specific business segments (Digital, Mass Affluent, Private Bank UK and Private Bank International), which spans a wide range of products across banking, lending and investments, generating £1.3bn annual income from c£200bn balances and an ambitious growth agenda.
The Finance team consists of over 100 FTE and is located across multiple sites including London, Mumbai, Chennai, Monaco, Geneva and New York.
Working in close partnership with the CEO, UK Private Bank and their leadership team, leverage the broader Finance function in order to provide end to end senior Finance partnering and expertise to drive the business strategy, ongoing performance and commercial optimisation. This should be done in context of broader PBWM and Group wide priorities and dynamics in order to deliver the best outcomes for our clients and shareholders.
• Interpret and explain performance (financials, metrics and KPIs) within the business on a weekly, monthly and ad-hoc basis. Be able to position that performance in context of broader macroeconomic, industry and Barcays specific themes, including peer benchmarks.
• Proactively identify trends, business risks and opportunities within the same context and drive decision making with PBUK executive committee to execute / mitigate.
• Ensure key financial forecasts are robust and optimised, with transparency on key commercial and operational drivers.
• Ensure appropriate prioritisation of resources, supported by robust ROI analysis and tracking
• Support the development and ongoing refinement of business strategy, with provision of insights to facilitate decision making
• Proactively counsel and advise both CFO and the business with ad-hoc analysis and insights on specific issues.
• Partner broader Finance team and Investor relations to continually develop external performance narrative
• Strategic management of individual banker performance and alignment with business and group objectives
• Develop a high performing culture within Finance which embodies Barclays consistently excellent philosophy
• Ongoing and effective development of Finance team, supporting progression of high potential colleagues
• Influence broader finance function e.g. through People Pillars, Citizenship or Function wide initiatives
What we're looking for:
• Self-driven, motivated, organised and proactive.
• Analatical mindset to challenge financials, investigate and find trends
• Ability to express views orally and in writing into commercial themes and allow business action
• Able to influence senior management and across a matrix accountability model
• Excellent communicator - verbal and written
Skills that will help you in your role :
• Accountancy or advanced finance qualification (e.g. ACA, CIMA, ACCA).
• Extensive experience in both financial management accounting and commercial decision support and knowledge of the banking and financial markets sector.
• Experience of holding a senior finance role within a Private Banking, Wealth Management or Asset Management organisation
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to effectively summarise and interpret complex data