Full-time, 40 hours per week Contract:
Competitive, dependant on experience
Office based - CV34 6AFOther benefits:
Holidays of 25 days plus bank holidays (FTE)
Life Assurance after qualifying period
Opportunity to progress in a growing company
Our client has a considerable number of years of industry experience, focusing on designing, building and marketing sustainable developments, with flexibility in their design and tenure. Their fresh approach allows them to work with landowners, investors and communities in a way that large housebuilders cant. About the role:
As an Accounts Payable Clerk, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth and efficient financial operations of our clients organization. Your primary responsibility will be to manage the company's accounts payable process, maintain the integrity of financial data and supporting documentation and accurate processing of invoices, payments, and maintaining vendor records.Key duties and
- Receive, review, and process vendor invoices for accuracy and completeness.
- Ensure invoices are properly coded, approved, and matched with purchase orders when applicable.
- Resolve discrepancies and issues with invoices in a timely manner.
- High volume invoice processing with 3-way matching for multiple projects.
- Processing utilities invoices and statements for site and requesting rebates.
- Prepare and process payments to vendors, ensuring adherence to payment terms and schedules.
- Reconcile payments and maintain accurate payment records.
- Handle payment inquiries and resolve payment-related issues.
- Maintaining council tax Direct Debits for site and updating schedules.
- Maintain vendor/supplier records, including contact information and payment terms.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with vendors/suppliers, handling inquiries and resolving any vendor/supplier-related issues.
- Assist in the preparation and processing of employee expense reports.
- Verify expenses for accuracy and compliance with company policies.
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions with general ledger accounts.
- Prepare and review monthly account reconciliations.
Compliance and Reporting:
- Maintain organized and up-to-date records of accounts payable transactions.
- Assist in maintaining the integrity of financial data and supporting documentation.
- Account set up and maintenance for Suppliers and Subcontractors.
Assist in Audits:
- Ensure compliance with relevant tax regulations and internal financial policies.
- Generate regular reports on accounts payable status, outstanding invoices, and other relevant financial metrics.
- Support internal and external audits by providing documentation and explanations as needed.
- Experience in an accounts payable role.
- Evision, Business Dynamics 365 Desirable.
- Proficient in using Excel and Word.
- Adaptable to new systems and processes.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and financial regulations.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in data entry and record keeping.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- A relevant accounting or finance qualification
If this sounds like your next opportunity, apply today with your CV and a covering letter.