Latham & Watkins is a global law firm consistently ranked among the top firms in the world. The success of our firm is largely determined by our commitment to hire and develop the very best and brightest, creating a team that provides our clients with the highest quality of work and service. We are driven by our core values: respect, innovation, and collaboration.
The Accounts Payable Specialist is an integral part of Lathams Accounting & Finance team. This role will be responsible for reviewing and occasional input of invoices, while analysing invoices for appropriate substantiation. This role will be located in our Manchester office. Please note that this role may be eligible for a flexible working schedule that allows for a hybrid and in-office presence.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Exercising judgment and identifying issues that require escalation or additional care
- Reviewing invoices and visually identifying risk factors that need attention and recalculating/foot amounts on invoices, e.g. Quantity/Price extensions and Tax calculations
- Reviewing workflow (or manual) approvals to determine if any additional approvals are required
- Reviewing accounting documents for completeness and mathematical accuracy
- Communicating with vendors and internal customers about requests and updating them on the progress
Wed love to hear from you if you:
- Are fluent in English and German
- Display the ability to work in a team environment with a customer service focus
- Possess knowledge of VAT input tax process and related rates
- Relevant experience with similar Accounting Principles
- Experience with Accounting principles of Germany
Successful candidates will not only be provided with an outstanding career opportunity and welcoming environment, but will also be provided with a generous total compensation package with bonuses awarded in recognition of both individual and firm performance. Eligible employees can participate in Lathams comprehensive benefit program which includes:
- Health insurance as well as group income protection and life assurance
- A pension plan
- Wellness programs
- Employee discounts
- And more!
Additionally, we have a range of diversity programming including Global Affinity Groups. These groups provide a firmwide platform to share experiences and advice as well as an opportunity to participate in a supportive network with common interests to help make life at the firm even better.
Latham & Watkins is committed to diversity, equal opportunity, sustainability, and pro bono legal services. We draw from a remarkable wealth of talent to create one of the world's leading law firms, and advance these commitments through the work of our Global Citizenship department. Our lawyers, paralegals, and professional staff worldwide comprise a rich mixture of different races, ethnic backgrounds, religions, sexual orientations, cultures, and primary languages. Our diversity makes us who we are.