Who we are
Allianz is a global insurance company serving across 70 different countries, but from the very first day you join our team you'll know that your contributions are valued. We offer world class learning and career development opportunities, while we celebrate an inclusive culture.
Principal Pricing Analyst (SME Risk Pricing)
Want to play a key role in transforming pricing for one of the UK's largest insurers? Join Allianz and be part of a Global organisation that is committed to defining new standards for Commercial pricing capability and heavily investing in tools and people to deliver it.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Principal Pricing Analyst in SME Risk Pricing. You will play a key role in developing our pricing capability, building our tools and establishing smart ways of working that set us up for a successful future. Work will involve:
- Leading the development and enhancement of risk models - technical price and commercial price
- Managing the performance of the risk models through Actual vs Expected, Inflation, Indexation and Calibration
- Evaluating new data, tools and techniques to enhance our pricing capability
- Responsible for sharing and promoting knowledge, skills and best working practices within the team
- Engaging and influencing key stakeholders in the business - communicating findings to technical and non-technical audiences
- Upholding Allianz's values and standards including our commitment to fair customer outcomes
Pricing plays a key role in delivering the Commercial Strategy. You will be required to apply your technical modelling skills to ensure we have an accurate understanding of ultimate cost and the risk factors driving it. You'll also be at the sharp end of our business, delivering analysis that is used to drive commercial decisions, solving challenging problems, and delivering enhancements to our products and pricing techniques.
You will work with a range of teams including Data, Portfolio Management and Underwriting to implement new pricing models to support business and customer needs. There are also opportunities to be part of a Global community to develop pricing best practice and international career paths.
To be successful in this role you should have:
• A high degree of numerical ability
• A minimum of five years general insurance pricing experience
• Substantial experience using Emblem
• Strong data and analytical skills, working with large volumes of complex data, using data analysis tools such as SAS, Python, R, SQL, Excel, VBA
• Ability to communicate findings to technical and non-technical audiences and influence stakeholders
• Strong problem solving skills
• Business acumen as well as an understanding of the insurance sector
What We Will Offer You
Recognised and rewarded for a job well done, we have a range of flexible benefits for you to choose from- so you can pick a package that's perfect for you.
We also offer flexible working options, global career opportunities across the wider Allianz Group, and fantastic career development and training. That's on top of enjoying all the benefits you'd expect from the world's number one insurance brand, including:
• Flexible buy/sell holiday options
• Hybrid working.
• Annual performance related bonus
• Contributory pension scheme
• Development days
• A discount up to 50% on a range of insurance products including car, home and pet
Our Ways of Working
Do you need some flexibility with the hours you work? Let us know as part of your application and if it's right for our customers, our business and for you, then we'll do everything we can to make it happen.
Here at Allianz, we are signatories of the ABIs flexible working charter. We believe in supporting hybrid work patterns, which balance the needs of our customers, with your personal circumstances and our business requirements. Our aim with this is to help innovation, creativity, and you to thrive - Your work life balance is important to us.
Our Purpose and Values
We secure your future
Be Brave | With Heart | Everyone Counts | Inspiring Trust
Our purpose and values are more than just words on a website - they are the why and how of Allianz. They influence everything we do and guide us how to do it.
Created by our people, for our people, they shape our culture, bring us together, and inspire us to be the best. Building on inclusive culture for us all to succeed.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Allianz, we value diversity and inclusion and back this up with our accreditations, Allianz is EDGE certified for gender inclusion, members of the Women in Finance Charter, a Disability Confident employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion members, signatories of Business in the Community's Race at Work Charter, and an Armed Forces Covenant gold standard employer.
We recognise the strength of neurodiversity in the workplace, and the far-reaching benefits of embracing a spectrum of thinking styles and innovative capabilities. We proudly welcome applications from neurodivergent and disabled candidates, and can offer tailored adjustments to remove barriers and set you up for success in your career.
At Allianz, we encourage our people to advocate for what they need, we listen, and we act - this could include providing assistive technology, ergonomic specialist equipment, mentoring and coaching, or flexibility in the way you work, among a wide range other adjustments.
Join us - Let's Care for Tomorrow.
39738 | Underwriting | Professional | Non-Executive | Allianz UK | Full-Time | Permanent