Financial Support Officer
£30,259 PAManchester, Greater Manchester- agile working arrangements in placeContract Type: PermanentHours: Full Time, 35 hours per week, Monday -FridayClosing date: 11thFebruary 2024Interview date: 26thFebruary 2024Interview
Soapworks, Salford Quays, Manchester
Our organisation is all about people the people who live in our homes, the communities we serve, and those we work with. So, itsno surprise that we recruit for attitude and behaviour which are central to us building relationships and delivering great experiences for these people. We employ colleagues who are passionate about making a difference who will take responsibility to get things done.
As a not-for-profit housing association, we provide homes and services to over 20,000 people across Greater Manchester. We build more affordable new homes, make a difference in the communities we serve, and support our colleagues to enjoy work, learn and grow.
This role will help us to do this bymanaging a caseload of financial support cases. Inthis role, you will be responsible for
- Taking referrals directly from the Rents team for our general needs customer base, providingpreventative and reactional support as and when required.
- Understanding customer demand trends using customer data to inform best approaches to delivering financial support required and carrying out relevant proactive targeting to increase caseload and maximise income.
- Offering money guidance to our customers through (but not exhaustive) support with a variety of forms and applications, and any other guidance requiredto maximise our customers income, assistin excellent rent collection, and improve financial capability skills amongst our customers.
- Ensuring financial gain and social value added for our customers is recorded appropriately, following internal policies and procedures.
We need people who are/ have
- Developing excellent working relationships with customers and teams across the business, in particular Communities and the Tenancy Sustainment Team (TST).
- Experience in a similar role, that have knowledge of social housing and of Income and arrears collection processes
- Knowledge of Housing legislation, Welfare benefits and Money guidance would also be a distinct advantage
- Experience of working with external agencies
Due to the nature of the role, a full UK driving licence is requiredand a DBS check. You must have a flexible approach to working hours (including evenings and weekends).
Everyoneswelcome here. Our culture is inclusive, and we are committed to increasing diversity. We enable everyone to be themselves at work, so that they feel at home with us. And we trust and support people to do their best, in a role that is fulfilling and rewarding because we know that this helps us to deliver better outcomes for our customers and our colleagues.
If you want to be part of our team and help usmake a difference, wedlove to hear from you.
#FinancialSupportOfficer #incomecollection #housingadvise #housingbenefits #housingjobs #recruiting #Manchesterjobs