At GoCardless we believe bank payments are the best way to pay and get paid. We also believe that bank account data is a powerful tool to make better, faster decisions. We’re making it easy to use both- for businesses everywhere.
GoCardless is used for domestic and international payments by 75,000+ organisations and counting, processing more than $30 billion across 30 countries. We’re an award-winning London based fintech, with additional offices in Riga, Paris and Melbourne. The Team
The EMEA team is a group of people who come from all over the world to help grow our ever expanding region in a great environment. It’s not unusual to see us enjoying a meal or drinks together in our lovely office at the heart of Paris. What drives us is the desire to have an impact and make the European region shine whilst acting as one team, and a fun one! The role
You will be responsible for inputting into the strategy and executing the overall account management and customer success objectives and initiatives to drive merchant retention and growth of GoCardless’s European account base. You will also lead a regional team of Customer Success Account Managers and Implementation Managers to achieve business targets.
As the Director Customer Success and Account Management in Europe you will:
What excites us
- Take full commercial ownership of European region’s account portfolio
- Manage a team of Customer Success Managers, Account Managers and Implementation Manager(s) responsible for the successful implementation, value achievement, risk mitigation and growth of GoCardless customers
- Ensure the team proactively cultivates and expands the base while also mitigating risk including managing renewals
- Hire, onboard and manage talent in partnership with functional management
- Set priorities and hold the team accountable to deliver against KPIs (Time to Live, Transaction Volume Utilisation, Net Revenue Retention)
- Monitor at risk projects and customers and help team members get them unstuck
- Work cross-functionally with teams and fellow managers to build, implement and streamline tools and processes to drive intended business results
- Significant experience in a client facing work environment
- Sales and/or Account Management leadership experience required
- Best in class people manager
- Finance/Payments industry experience required
- Fluency in French and English required. Additional languages a plus (particularly Spanish, German, Portuguese, Italian).
- Be a great leader who can motivate and maintain enthusiasm of your team members cultivating growth mindsets
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent listening and verbal communication skills: you will need to quickly understand needs or issues and give guidance to help the team move forward.
- Develop strong relationships with peers and leaders across GoCardless to solve problems and achieve excellent results.
We don’t expect you to meet every requirement. If you’re excited by this role, we encourage you to apply. (some of) The good stuff
Life at GoCardless
- Wellbeing - stay healthy with dedicated support and medical cover
- Work away scheme - you can apply to work away from your country of residence for up to 90 days in any 12 month period
- Adaptive Working - allows you to work flexibly, around your lifestyle
- Equity -all permanently employed GCs get equity to help you make a valuable contribution
- Parental leave -to suit everyone embarking on life's great adventure
- Time off - generous holiday allowance, + 3 annual volunteer days, + 4 annual business-wide wellness days (‘GC Fridays’)
We're an organisation defined by our values; We start with why
before we begin any project, to ensure it’s aligned with our mission. We make it happen
, working with urgency and taking personal accountability for getting things done. We act with integrity
, always. We care deeply
about what we do and we know it's essential that we be humble
whilst we do it. Our Values form part of the GoCardless DNA, and are used to not only help us nurture and develop our culture, but to deliver impactful work that will help us to achieve our vision. Diversity & Inclusion
We’re building the bank payment network of the future and our ambition is to move money anywhere, for anything, for anyone. If we’re going to achieve this goal, we need to build a team of ‘GeeCee’s’ that is as wonderfully diverse as the world we live in - with a multitude of perspectives, experiences & backgrounds.
We’ve got a long way to go, but here’s how we’re doing as of June 2023; 42% identify as women 28% identify as Black, Asian, Mixed or Other 9% identify as LGBTQIA+ 9% identify as neurodiverse 2% identify as disabled
We’re rooting for you during your application and GoCardless aims to provide reasonable adjustments to make our recruitment process as remarkable and accessible as we can. Please speak to your Talent Partner if you need extra support.
If you want to learn more, you can read about our Employee Resource Groups and objectives here as well as our latest D&I Report Sustainability
We’re committed to reducing our impact on the environment, leaving a more sustainable world for future generations. In 2021 we became co-founders of the Tech Zero coalition, a group of businesses committed to taking climate action as part of the UNFCCC Race to Zero. We aim to reduce our impact and to create positive change on the natural world. Check out our sustainability action plan here.
Find out more about Life at GoCardless via Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.