St. James's Place (SJP) works in partnership to plan, grow and protect our clients’ financial futures. We deliver personalised, face-to-face financial advice to our clients, who trust us to manage their money to reach their goals. We provide this service via the Partnership, a network of qualified, expert advisors. We put financial wellbeing and responsible business choices at the heart of everything we do. We believe in the value of difference and know that diverse teams can help us problem solve and innovate for clients.
We look for people to join SJP to make an impact and to contribute to our culture which is based around long term relationships, doing the right thing, and being the best version of ourselves.
London - Lombard Street OfficeWorkplace Type:
10 month Fixed-Term Contract Seniority:
We are looking for an experienced and analytical Senior Analyst to join the Portfolio Strategies team within the Investment Management Division. This role is a pivotal part of the Portfolio Strategies team and is vital in monitoring and developing the St. James’s Place suite of multi-asset investment funds.
The position takes responsibility for key elements of the design, monitoring and evolution of multi-asset investment mandates, including manager monitoring, manager review, and manager search activities.
If you’re an experienced Senior Analyst with a keen interest in Multi Asset, we would love you hear from you! What you’ll be doing?
Who are we looking for?
- Leading design, monitoring and development of St. James’s Place’s mixed asset mandates to facilitate industry leading client outcomes.
- Taking responsibility to maintain and proactively develop key elements of investment process and monitoring frameworks, exploring opportunities for automation to maximise efficiency and lower risk
- Acting as a subject matter expert on multi-asset fund manager activities and processes
- Promoting understanding of the current and future mixed asset funds and broader investment beliefs through regular publications and ad hoc presentations
- Helping to build and shape the Portfolio Strategies team, assisting in recruitment and management of junior analysts to ensure members of the team have the necessary skills and competencies to deliver the required levels of performance
What's in it for you?
- Advanced understanding of financial markets and the fund management industry (particularly within the multi-asset investment universe) with the ability to analyse the impact of the market environment and communicate this to a variety of stakeholders.
- In depth knowledge and practical understanding of portfolio construction and management in a multi-asset context
- Ability to manage, influence and prioritise across multiple workstreams to ensure successful and timely outcomes
- Ability to critically evaluate and improve key investment processes
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint. Experience with Bloomberg and Aladdin is preferable
- Relevant professional qualifications through CFA and CISI exams
- Non-Contributory Pension - 10% (increasing with length of service up to 15%) with further pension matching.
- Parental leave - 6 months full pay
- 28 days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays (based on full-time equivalent) with the option to buy up to an additional 5 days holiday
We know that everyone works best in different ways, at different times and in different environments. We have introduced a hybrid working policy to provide greater flexibility for part-time work, job-sharing, remote working, and flexibility on hours. Our people are encouraged to work in a flexible way that suits their lifestyle, so please ask the question and start a conversation!
Research tells us that applicants (especially those from underrepresented groups) can be put off from applying for a role if they do not meet all the criteria or have been on an extended career-break. If you think you would be a good match for this role and can demonstrate some transferable experience please apply, regardless of whether you tick every box. What's next?
Our team will be in touch. As a business regulated by the FCA we would advise you to familiarise yourself with the conduct regulations and in particular consumer duty obligations prior to an interview with SJP.
#LI-JH1 This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.