Our Business About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction, and advisory services, we are using the finance products, expertise, and systems we have developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities, and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we will make our ambition to be the best employer a reality.
We are growing fast and looking for those, who share our values, believe in the importance of the people agenda, and have experience in organisation and workforce transformation and transactions, change experience and learning, culture and leadership, digital HR, reward, employment tax and people mobility, to join us in PAS.The opportunity
Working in the Reward Employment tax team at EY offers fantastic opportunities to develop client relationships early on in your career and to be involved in the day-to-day management of relationships and delivery of our services across a broad range of issues above and beyond tax compliance and advisory.
We are looking to grow our Reward Tax team with an Advisor who can deliver high quality services to our clients. Your key responsibilities
At EY we operate a ‘client centric’ approach, meaning we aim to be our clients’ trusted business partner. This is achieved by being pro-active, understanding their challenges and providing a relevant and high level of client service:
Skills and attributes for success
- Supporting in the management of clients.
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients and providing consistently high levels of client service.
- Contributing to the successful delivery of employment tax projects and ensuring technical excellence.
- Contributing to the day-to-day delivery of client services both compliance and advisory.
- Contributing to winning new work by proactively managing existing clients.
- Adherence to Quality and Risk Management processes.
- Be a trusted member of the team by developing and counselling junior members of staff.
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- Experienced equity and/or employment tax practitioner
- Enthusiastic and energetic; able to embrace new ways of working.
- Team player: ability to integrate with new teams quickly
- Outgoing with good relationship skills and the ability to deliver quality output
- Strong technical skills and keen to develop further
- Ability to build strong client relationships
- Project management skills, plan and prioritize work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget
- Working understanding and technical competencies of key equity and/or employment tax concepts including:
- Experience of equity incentives/share plans
- Calculations in respect of cross-border withholding on grant to vest/exercise on share gains
- Expenses and Benefits (P11Ds and PSAs processing)
- HMRC communications (Audits and disclosures)
- Employment Status (Self-employed and IR35)
- Working on global governance projects
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Ability to identify areas of risk, carry out an effective review and know when to refer upwards
- Client focused and commercially aware
- Relationship management skills with ability to manage client expectations
- Ability to solve problems creatively and pragmatically
- Excellent communicator in range of situations both written and oral
What working at EY offers
- Experience working within professional services
- ATT/ACA/CA/ACCA/CTA/Law qualification (or equivalent)
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you will be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings, and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that is right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
Apply now. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.