More than you expected
Grant Thornton UK LLP is part of a global network of independent audit, tax and advisory firms, made up of some 58,000 people in over 135 countries. We're a team of independent thinkers who put quality, inclusion and integrity first. All around the world we bring a different experience to our clients. A better experience. One that delivers the expertise they need in a way that goes beyond. Personal, proactive, and agile. That's Grant Thornton.
NEW GROUND WON'T BREAK ITSELF.
Our GT Private team specialises in looking after the tax affairs of entrepreneurial and high net worth individuals, their families, and their businesses to provide a bespoke service advising on a variety of tax planning matters such as business structuring, asset disposals, potential inheritance tax liabilities and estate planning. Working closely with dynamic individuals is an important part of the role and you'll need to be able to build rewarding relationships quickly. Ideally you will be CTA qualified so that you have the technical expertise and insight to advise our clients.
A look into the role
As an Assistant Manager within our Private Client team in the 'South' region you will:
- Receive challenging, on-the-ground experience in a fully advisory role, meeting clients, and helping them to operate in a tax-efficient manner
- Carry out bespoke technical research for a range of complex advisory projects
- Produce high quality tax reports to advise clients and liaise with HM Revenue & Customs on their behalf
- Have secondment opportunities and will build internal networks
- Keep up to date with and monitor developments in UK and International tax regulation
Knowing you're right for us
Joining us as an Assistant Manager in South Private, the minimum criteria you'll need is a relevant professional qualification (ATT / CTA / ACA / ACCA or equivalent), and to be confident interacting with clients.
It would be great if you also had some of the following skills, but don't worry if you don't tick every box, we'll help you develop along the way:
- UK Private Client tax and / or Corporate Tax Advisory experience (including shareholder tax issues, company restructuring, profit extraction etc).
- Ability to research a range of topics to feed into complex advisory projects
- Experience working with owner managed businesses (including both tax advisory and compliance matters)
- An eagerness to develop deep knowledge of the firm's products, services and capabilities
Knowing we're right for you
Embracing uniqueness, the culture at Grant Thornton thrives on the contributions of all our people, we never settle for what is easy, we look beyond to deliver the right thing, for everyone. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
Our open and accessible culture means you'll interact with leaders who are interested in you and everything you bring to our firm. The things that set you apart, we value them. That's why we give you the freedom to bring your whole self to work and pursue your passions inside and outside of work.
We're always happy to talk flexible working and consider reduced hours and job shares - we'll support you to balance your work and life.
Beyond the job
Life is more than work. The things you do, and the people you're with outside of work matter, that's why we're happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we'll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
The impact you can make here will go far beyond your day job. From secondments, to fundraising for local charities, or investing in entrepreneurs in the developing world, you'll be giving back to society. It's that drive to do the right thing that runs through our every move, grounded in our CLEARR values - Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We're looking for people who want to contribute, spark fresh ideas and go beyond expectations. People who want to be able to proudly do what's right, for the firm, our clients, our people and themselves. It's how it should be.