Encord is building an active learning platform for computer vision AI applications. Our mission is to enable companies to unlock the power of AI while retaining 100% control of their data. We have raised $20M from top investors including CRV, Y Combinator Continuity, top industry executives, and other leading Bay Area investors.
Started by ex-computer scientists, physicists, and quants, we felt first hand how the lack of tools to prepare quality training data was impeding the progress of building practical AI. AI feels to us like what the early days of computing or the internet must have felt like, where the potential of the technology is clear, but the tools and processes surrounding it are terrible. We have devised a unique methodology for automating the tasks related to preparing quality training data, in effect turning the training data problem into a data science problem.
Seize this exceptional opportunity as an Finance & Ops Associate at Encord. A fast-paced, mission-driven AI startup in the heart of London. We seek a multi-talented, ambitious individual who excels in business processes and is eager to take responsibility for day-to-day operations and financial management at Encord. You will work closely with our co-founders and senior team, gaining unmatched experience and insight into running a rapidly growing business from an operations perspective. If you possess strong financial, organisational and communication skills and thrive in dynamic environments, join us on our exciting journey.
- Business processes: Take responsibility and accountability for day-to-day business operations.
- Finance & taxes: File taxes in the UK and US, assist external accountants with bookkeeping (in Xero) and tax returns, and invoice customers.
- Office management: Collaborate with the People Associate to manage our London HQ.
- Legal matters: Review legal documents (NDAs, contracts, offer letters) and serve as the go-to person for legal inquiries.
- Compliance: Ensure scalable, compliant, and efficient operations in the UK and US.
- Financial controls: Develop and maintain strong financial controls that evolve with the business as it scales.
- Process documentation: Document current and new processes (e.g. SOC 2).
- Staff payments: Process salary, pension, and expense payments and provide support for finance-related queries.
- Process improvement: Identify areas for improvement in finance processes, research new technologies, and support implementation.
- Ad hoc projects: Work directly with co-founders and senior team members on various financial queries and projects.
- 1-3 years of Finance/operations experience in B2B SaaS startups / consulting / IB.
- Proficient in Google Sheets/Excel and adept at handling numbers.
- Basic bookkeeping and financial management knowledge (Prior experience is a plus!)
- Versatile generalist, open to tackling any task.
- Capable of working autonomously and efficiently.
- Possess a growth mindset and embrace challenges.
- Passionate about technology, especially AI, and inspiring others.
- Sales Ops experience (we use HubSpot).
- Knowledge of the tax/financial landscape in both the UK and US.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and generous equity in an early stage rocket ship.
- 25 days annual leave a year + public holidays.
- Office located in the heart of Soho with frequent social events and team dinners.
- Fast paced learning through direct hands-on experience.