MacKenzie Kingare proud to be working with one of our trusted, well known clients to recruit aSeniorCredit Controllerfor their team. As aSenior Credit Controlleryou will work closely with the Financial Controller as well as playing a supporting role to other more junior members of the team. The successfulSeniorCredit Controllershould be able to work well within a team, have an eye for detail and accuracy, as well a great communication and interpersonal skills.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible for the debt activities of six companies
- Preparation on regular reports and presenting same within regular meetings with Senior Management
- Monitoring all e-mail inboxes to ensure that any relevant e-mails are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Daily posting and allocation of receipts
- Monitoring and reporting of expected receipts and reporting to the FC for cashflow reporting.
- Setting-up and maintaining customer accounts
- Managing all required credit limit requests
- Liaising with external credit insurance company & managing claims
- Processing of Bad Debt journals
- Liaising with the respective businesses re. customer queries and processing of credit notes
- Arranging payment plans as required.
- Managing contract retentions
- Ad-hoc projects/tasks for the Financial Controller/Finance Director
Qualifications and experience
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a credit control role
- Able to comfortably manage high levels of data across multiple companies.
- Effective communication skills verbal and written internal and external.
- A strong knowledge of Office 365 (Microsoft Excel experience required)
- Ability to solve problems.
- Excellent attention to detail and a methodical approach
- Able to understand the importance of process and create/amend where necessary.
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Flexible approach with an ability to work under their own initiative.
- Reliable, hardworking, and effective time management skills
- Experience of working within a contracting environment (desirable)
- Knowledge of working with retentions is (desirable)
- Sage 50 Business Cloud experience (desirable)
"A great opportunity to make a big difference within a fast-growth business."
For more information about the role, please contact Stephanie at MacKenzie King.