Opportunities like this don't come up very often, to work with such an historic, prestigious organisation. Established over two centuries ago they have an incredible history of connecting science and scientific research to society, bringing their research to children and adults of all ages and making their incredible work accessible.
This Interim Head of Finance opportunity is perfect for a senior charity finance candidate with proven experience managing a small team. Your main responsibilities would include:
- Overseeing the Finance Team, ensuring the efficiency and accuracy of day to day financial operations
- Leading the month end process and the preparation of monthly management accounts
- Financial planning and budgeting, creating robust financial models
- Providing financial reports, with commentary, and cashflow forecasts
- Taking a hands-on approach to management, supporting your team with transactional work where needed
The successful candidate in this role will:
- Be a CCAB qualified accountant
- Have strong charity sector finance experience
- Be willing to be hands-on with more transactional accounting, as well as strategic finance
- Have excellent financial systems, processes and controls improvement experience
This role is available on either a full time basis, or a 4-days per week basis. You'll work flexibly, with two days per week in the Central London offices and the remaining three from home.
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.