Semi Senior Accountant
Are you AAT L4 qualified and part way through your ACCA study to become a qualified accountant? Then Dains would like to hear from you.
Dains Accountants are recruiting for a Semi Senior Accountant to join our Stoke Evolve team to deliver a quality, general accounting service, to a variety of clients.
You will be preparing accounts for unincorporated and incorporated business from complete or incomplete records and make notes for the attention of your manager, along with building client relationships, preparation of accounts, VAT returns and other general accounting tasks.
Dains is ranked 31st in the National Accountancy Age ranking by firm size and was the fastest-growing firm within the surveyed top 100 accountancy firms in the UK. The team is now over 650 people strong with offices throughout the UK and Ireland.
Our core services are Accountancy & Business Services, Audit, Corporate Finance, Forensic Accounting, and Taxation alongside outsourced FD and HR support. We deliver these services with a focus on our core values of Valued Relationships, Fairness, Working & Succeeding Together and Integrity. Together these core values make up the Dains DNA which runs through each of our interactions and activities.
We believe our employees are our greatest asset, and we look to provide the best workingenvironment. We listen, learn, and evolve as we strive to make Dains a great place to work.Key Responsibilities as Semi Senior Accountant
- You will be working closely with your peers and manager in providing accounting services to a variety of clients.
- You will be working towards gaining your ACCA qualification (fully funded).
- You will be preparing accounts for unincorporated/incorporated businesses.
- You will be analysing account figures to spot tends and variances.
- You will be responsible for the preparation of management accounts.
- Dealing with VAT returns and have knowledge of tax (corporation tax, income tax and VAT) and the affects to these taxes on a set of accounts.
- Building client relationships across a range of businesses and sectors.
- Be instrumental in mentoring and supporting trainee and junior team members.
Some Reward Benefits We Offer Are:
- Minimum qualification requirement will be AAT (Technical Level), or ACCA part qualified.
- Have basic knowledge of main accounting systems in the marketplace (eg; Sage, ZERO, Quickbooks etc).
- Be a confident and articulate communicator and be comfortable with managing a varied workload and professional study time.
- Demonstrate a hands on, and proactive work ethic and supportive team approach.
- 25 days annual leave (plus normal statutory bank holidays) increasing with length of service
- Buy and sell annual leave (up to 5 days)
- Fully funded professional study
- Cycle to work scheme
- Greener car scheme
- Regular development reviews and training
- Group staff pension scheme
- Wellbeing refreshments
- Discounted shopping platform