Energise your career, accelerate a net-zero future - #Renewablesjobs The Opportunity
We are very flexible on location within the UK. Our main office locations are London, Edinburgh, Durham or Cardiff. There are no set days to work for the office and you can work flexibly from home with requirements to travel to offices for necessary meetings.
Closing date for applications: 18th of February 2024
An exciting new opportunity has become available in our Offshore wind commercial team for an Investment Manager. You will be responsible for assessment and delivery of acquisition opportunities and will be the key point of contact and lead for the Offshore BU for divestment activities, in partnership with the UK and Group M&A teams.
In addition you will provide partner relationship support owning the Partnership agreement documents on at least one and potentially more development and delivery phase projects. Ensuring a strong collaboration with our project Partners and fulfilment of our obligations to the Partnership.
Dependent on portfolio project needs and role capacity the Investment manager will provide ad-hoc commercial support when required to the projects or other commercial team members.
Pay, benefits and culture
At EDF Renewables we’re dedicated to doing good things and we take pride in tackling the world’s biggest challenge - climate change. We do this by embracing new ideas to create an innovative and open-minded culture, a culture where we trust the best versions of ourselves to make good things happen.
Alongside a competitive salary, bonus, and a market-leading pension scheme, we offer a range of flexible benefits, and employee discounts to help you thrive across all aspects of your life. You can spend your flexible fund on the benefits that matter to you, whether that’s an electric vehicle, private healthcare, or additional holiday.
We’ll offer you the flexibility, freedom and responsibility to make an impact in your role; whether that’s on-site, in the office or hybrid working from home.
We’re committed to championing diversity representation across gender, ethnicity, LGBT+, disability and more. This applies to all our roles, underpinned by our Everyone’s Welcome inclusion programme.
We’re a disability confident employer and we’ll do all we can to help with your application, making adjustments as you need.
What you’ll be doing
A diverse role with opportunity to lead strategic portfolio growth opportunities through acquisitions or joint-ventures contributing to the growth of the offshore wind pipeline. A key challenge of which will be structuring commercially viable proposals, which subsequently achieve approval from our internal Investment Review Board. As the renewables sector becomes more complex, another challenge of this role is to be aware and stay ahead of the changes to be able to capitalise on the opportunities that are presented and contribute to the offshore wind business unit strategy.
In addition, the role will work directly within one or more project teams as the dedicated Investment Manager managing the partnership agreements, ensuring a strong relationship with our JV partners and that partnership obligations are met. When required the Investment Manager will also have the opportunity to provide ad-hoc commercial support to projects across the portfolio.
• Manage M&A opportunities through internal governance processes and external deadlines, involving relevant internal stakeholders as appropriate, including preparing and owning the investment case.
• Responsible for managing internal project teams (including investment valuation, legal, tax, finance and engineering colleagues) from the origination of a new opportunity until transaction close.
• Manage project budget and costs, completing appropriate project management documentation in line with EDFR’s M&A Framework.
• Lead on the negotiation of documents required for the delivery of the transaction including joint venture agreements, share purchase agreements, warranty & indemnity insurances.
• Act as the Offshore business unit lead to support any sell-down activities, as required and in Partnership with the M&A teams.
• Ensure processes, templates, ways of working are documented and continually updated to drive a continuous improvement culture within the team based on lessons learnt.
• Support the project/s by leading partner relationship management ensuring understanding of and compliance with the JVA and other legal agreements.
• Lead internal preparation of information packs and support the project with governance processes as outlined in the JVA.
• Support the project with any necessary amendments to the legal agreements or challenges adhering to the agreed terms.
• Work closely with other members of the Commercial team on the Offshore strategy to contribute to the development of the offshore pipeline.
• Provide ad-hoc commercial support across the portfolio including supporting business case optimisation activities, commercial and contract negotiations, undertaking commercial analysis to support investment recommendations and decisions.
What do you need to be great at this role?
You will hold a degree in a numerate discipline, or commensurate experience.
• Experience of M&A processes for power generation projects preferably offshore wind, but not essential
• Experience in negotiating corporate governance structures, shareholder agreements legal drafting, joint ventures and financial valuation methodologies.
• Strong track record of producing and presenting accurate financial appraisal and risks analysis for investment in infrastructure or generation assets.
• Demonstrable commercial acumen and a willingness to learn and improve.
• Ability to think strategically and understand key technology and commercial drivers.
• A sound understanding and experience of the market, policy and regulatory environment and route to market challenges for renewable generation and offshore wind in the UK.
• An ability to be inventive and show determination to overcome challenges.
• Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, be inquisitive and have a can-do attitude.
• Experience of leading skilled multi-disciplinary project teams.
• Excellent relationship building and stakeholder management skills.
• Experience in presenting and communicating information at all levels including senior decision makers.
Why EDF Renewables?
At EDF Renewables UK & Ireland we’re committed to tackling climate change. Our rapidly growing team of 500 talented people share an ambition to create a net zero future where clean, green, energy powers all our lives.
It’s a huge ambition and time is of the essence if we are to play our full part in meeting the UK and Ireland’s challenging net zero targets. With our unique mix of technologies including onshore and offshore wind, solar PV, battery storage and green hydrogen we are the UK & Ireland’s most diverse generator of renewable energy.
To achieve our goal of generating a massive 10GW of renewable energy by 2035, we’re working with stakeholders and communities throughout the UK and Ireland to unlock the enormous potential of the low carbon energy sector.
If you’re passionate about tackling climate change to create the cleaner, greener future we all want, we would love you to come join us.
Join us, and let’s do good together.
EDF Energy is a core part of the EDF Group, one of the largest energy companies in Europe with key business operations in the UK, France, Italy and Belgium. We're the UK’s largest producer of low-carbon electricity, the biggest supplier of electricity by volume in Great Britain, the largest supplier to British businesses and we employ more than 13,000 people. We operate nuclear, coal and gas power stations, wind farms, and combined heat & power plants. We have a focus on safe, dependable energy generation and an ethos of service excellence. We are playing a leading role in new nuclear build in the UK to secure a bright future for the combined business and its employees.