Liquidity Management and Strategy Analyst
As a Barclays Liquidity Management and Strategy Analyst, you will have an exciting chance to join a dedicated Treasury team to support the daily management of funding and liquidity. This is a unique opportunity to apply your financial analysis knowledge, you will also contribute to supporting the delivery of a balance between the commercial needs of the organization with prudential liquidity risk management.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality, and innovation. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, 'anchor', days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Supporting the implementation of a consistent framework for daily liquidity management across Barclays entities and clusters globally
• Developing, implementing, and executing real-time liquidity management analysis and processes across entities
• Being responsible for evaluating and communicating results of liquidity risk metrics to management teams, proposing actions/solutions to potential liquidity issues
• Preparing analysis for senior management, assisting with responses to regulatory queries and drafting of Treasury's contributions to regulatory submissions
• Helping with the development of new reporting and analysis tools to support the establishment and enhancement of key funding and liquidity management frameworks
• Maintaining an understanding of current regulatory environment, assisting the team in adapting to new requirements/developing future state business processes
• Working with the business to understand and optimize drivers of liquidity consumption, remediate limit breaches and target flashes, and conduct liquidity impact analysis
• Producing daily reports and performing ad hoc data analysis to identify drivers of change to liquidity positions
What we're looking for:
• Numerate degree qualification
• Treasury and/or Financial Analysis experience (e.g. funding, liquidity risk management, balance sheet analysis)
• PC skills (Microsoft Suite including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
• Results oriented with an ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Excellent verbal and written communication with an ability to write effective, high-quality documents and presentations
• Ability to proactively solve problems and escalate issues through the proper governance tools and channels and an ability to challenge opinions with confidence and professionalism
• Knowledge of Investment Banking and Financial Services products with understanding of one or more of: Basel III & IV, Dodd Frank, CCAR or general Regulatory Policy
• Working knowledge and understanding of Visual Basic and/or SQL a plus
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one - by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.