The Discovery Diversity Programme is an amazing opportunity for students from underrepresented groups, who are 2 years out from graduation, to be assessed for, and to apply to join, our Summer Internships in 2025 before anyone else.
It's the chance to learn about a career at Barclays, the chance to find out a lot about the business world and to discover a bit about yourself. And, as you'll gain a good understanding of the full selection of roles and opportunities we offer, it's a perfect stepping stone to one of our 10-week internships.
Every day, corporations worldwide come to Barclays for our banking expertise. We help drive global commerce by providing comprehensive financial, advisory and capital-raising services. Our bankers advise on everything from privatisations and mergers and acquisitions to debt and equity financings and restructuring. Capital Markets is organised into several specialist areas covering equity and debt origination, loans, structuring, risk management and syndication.
What you can expect
• Programme Dates: April 3rd - 4th 2024
• In-person programme.
• Join seminars and workshops, where you'll learn about financial services, your chosen business area, the recruitment process and Barclays as an employer.
• Participate in specific breakout sessions for your business area, where you'll gain insights of what you can expect from the Summer Internship in 2025.
• Build your understanding of the assessment process and next steps.
• Connect with people from across our business, including current graduates who have already made the journey that you are starting out on.
• Attend dedicated networking sessions with senior leaders and graduates aligned to your chosen business area.
• Explore the various Barclays DE&I networks.
• On the 2nd day of the programme, you can be assessed for the 2025 summer internship by taking part in 2 assessments.
What we look for
• You are 2 years out from graduation.
• You can be studying any degree discipline.
• You are curious to understand how a global bank adapts in a constantly evolving environment.
• We encourage students from all backgrounds to apply, especially those who identify with our 6 Intersectional DE&I agendas. These include Disability, Gender, LGBT+, Multicultural, Multigenerational and Socio-Economic.
We are recruiting on a rolling basis, so we recommend that students apply early.
Barclays does not provide sponsorship to attend the 2-day insight programme, however Barclays will accept applications from candidates who require visa sponsorship to work in the UK for the duration of the 2025 Summer Internship Programme.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.