We think this is a special place to work. So, before we get into the detail of this job opportunity, here's a few words about who we are.
Grosvenor is an international organisation whose activities span urban property, food & agtech, rural estate management and support for philanthropic initiatives. We're united by a common goal to deliver lasting commercial, social and environmental benefit. We're steeped in history but focused on the future
We may have 340 years of history, but we are firmly focused on the future. From progressive environmental action to being at the forefront of community engagement, we work with purpose and embrace change. So diversity of thought and fresh perspectives really matter to us. We want our people to bring everything they are to work. Their life experiences, their knowledge, their unique take on challenges and solutions.
What's it like to work here?
Well, there is plenty to talk about. It's purposeful, whether that's innovative ways to tackle the climate crisis or engaging meaningfully with local communities. It's commercial and ambitious, which you'll see in our transformational development projects and diverse investment pipeline. It's sociable, in our buzzing café and at our many events. It's challenging, varied and supportive: contributing to inclusion and innovation is part of everyone's personal goals here. We also enjoy a flexible work environment and, because it's a family business, we like to think we are a little less corporate too.
Interested? Then take a look at the job details below. We're looking for someone who wants to build a brilliant career at Grosvenor and we look forward to receiving your application. Purpose of Role
The Finance Centre is Grosvenor's UK centre of excellence for financial reporting and control. Within this framework, the Reporting team manages the UK Urban Property business and wider Group internal and external reporting requirements. Collectively these businesses manage c.£11bn of assets and c.£6bn of Grosvenor's equity, deployed internationally across development and investment activities.
This training role is an opportunity to pursue an accounting qualification whilst learning the skills to become a well-rounded management accountant in a supportive environment full of other finance professionals. As part of the Finance Centre, the role will have exposure to the financial results of the c.£11bn property portfolio, encompassing residential, retail, office and hotel assets located in the UK, America, Asia and Europe.Key Responsibilities
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations on the first week of every month
- Assisting with month, quarter and year end closing activities, such as prepayments and accruals
- Reconciliations of balance sheet accounts and maintaining financial controls
- Preparing statutory accounts and liaising with auditors
- Preparing dormant company financial statements for filing at Companies House
- Prepare ad hoc reporting and analysis to facilitate informed decision making
- Follow agreed processes and identify ways to improve processes, enhancing accuracy and efficiency
- Ad-hoc support for other areas of the accounting function, e.g. VAT returns.
- Contribute to and participate in projects to improve processes and systems.
To achieve this, it will be necessary to:
- Work closely with the management accountants, operational finance and commercial teams to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Demonstrate knowledge of finance operations to facilitate the timely resolution of issues
- Be willing to learn from the experience of management accountants within the team.
- Utilise CaseWare, Yardi Voyager and other accounting software to produce high-quality reconciliations and accounts
- Have good analytical skills and a strong attention to detail to produce high quality reporting
- Identify opportunities for process improvements, demonstrating innovation to achieve best results
The role of Assistant Accountant will report to the Group Finance Manager - Accounting & Control. They will also work closely with the Management Accountants to whom they will provide key deliverables throughout the reporting cycle. They will also form key relationships with members of the operational finance team including customer accounts and purchase ledger teams.Key Requirements
- Prior experience working withing a finance function
- Some understanding of double-entry book-keeping
- Experience working within the property industry would be advantageous
- Good excel knowledge and previous experience using accounting software (with Yardi Voyager experience beneficial)
- Have a 'can do' and positive attitude
- Strong communicator - role will involve working with a variety of stakeholders.
- Well-organised and diligent with exceptional attention to detail.
- Capable of working to and meeting deadlines.
- Flexibility and willingness to support other team members during peak times.
- Keen to learn and develop new skills within a high-performing team.
To apply for this job please click on "Apply".
To begin your application you will be asked to create an account.
Please carefully read our Recruitment Privacy Notice before proceeding with an application. The privacy notice sets out how Grosvenor obtains, uses and protects the personal information which you provide to us. You can read the notice here - https://www.grosvenor.com/legal/recruitment-privacy-notice