As a Mess Accountant
at Larkhill Garrison,
You'll provide efficient accountancy administration to support the site, from Payroll and month end functions, to invoicing and billing. You're the one with the skills to ensure behind the scenes of facilities run like clockwork and ensure your managers feel supported. Join Sodexo and be part of something greater. You belong in a team where you can act with purpose and thrive in your own way. What you’ll do:
What you bring:
- Support your management team closely, in ensuring all book keeping support is provided.
- Preparing, organising and storing information in paper and/or digital form.
- Reviewing and reconciling accounts, processing payments to external partners and maintaining updated records of invoices and receipts
- Ensure tasks are completed within a timely manner to support the sites needs
- Other duties may be requested depending on support needed at that specific time (such as month ending paperwork/compliance)
- Raise purchase orders, process supplier invoices and credit notes and run various reports and
analysis if requested.
What we offer:
- Excellent team ethos and superb inter-communication skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks and remain calm under pressure
- Its desirable, but an Level 2 or 3 AAT ( Association of Accounting Technicians ) qualification would be great!
- Previous experience in a similar role is needed, ideally Finance admin, Book keeper or have experience in the above within another role then we would love to hear from you
- Desire to grow and progress your career if you are interested
- A want for progression into a higher financial related role
Working with Sodexo is more than a job; it’s a chance to be part of something greater. You’ll belong in a company and team that values you for you; you’ll act with purpose and have an impact through your everyday actions; and you’ll be able to thrive in your own way. In addition, we also offer a range of resources, rewards and benefits for our colleagues and their families:
Ready to be part of something greater? Apply today! Package Description
- Unlimited access to an online platform offering mental health and wellbeing support.
- Employee Assistance Programme to help with everyday issues or larger problems where you may need additional support, including legal and financial advice, support with work related issues or personal issues such as bereavement.
- Access to a free health and wellbeing app that provides rewards for maintaining a healthy lifestyle and includes access to a 24hr virtual GP and various other services.
- The Sodexo Discounts Scheme, offering great deals 24/7 (also open to friends and family) and/or the prepayment cashback card.
- Money Insights and financial benefits via the Salary Finance Platform.
- Save for your future by becoming a member of the Sodexo Retirement Plan
- A death in Service benefit for colleagues who pass away whilst employed by Sodexo
- Opportunities to enable colleagues to grow and succeed throughout their career at Sodexo, including apprenticeships and a variety of learning and development tools.
- Cycle to Work Scheme to help colleagues to do their bit for the environment whilst keeping fit.
- Volunteering Opportunities to enable all colleagues to help support worthwhile causes in our communities.
- Flexible and dynamic work environment
- Competitive compensation
- Full training and full protective uniform supplied
Check your local transport links here
- 25 Hours per week
- Monday to Friday
- £10.53 Per hour
- Car parking
: Plan Your Journey | Traveline - the destination you should input is SP4 8QT About The CompanyAbout Sodexo
At Sodexo, our purpose is to create a better everyday for everyone to build a better life for all. As the global leader in services that improve the Quality of Life, we operate in 55 countries, serving over 100 million consumers each day through our unique combination of On-Site Food and FM Services, Benefits & Rewards Services and Personal & Home Services.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer. We are a forces friendly employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities. We encourage our employees to get involved with our Employee Networks such as Pride, Sodexo Working Parents, Sodexo Disability, So together, generations and origins. We have also launched Be Heard which is an employee network designed to bring black colleagues together (virtually) to bring about positive change.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We’re a ‘ban the box’ employer, which means we don’t ask people to disclose their convictions unless the role needs a security check.
We recognise the potential of people with convictions in the job market. Helping those with a criminal history securing employment is not only critically important for the individuals themselves but can also be hugely beneficial for wider society. Offering second chances can be an effective investment in local communities and a great solution for local skills and labour market needs.
Click here to read more about what we do to promote an inclusive culture.