Preqin is looking for a private equity-focused AVP to join our Research Insights team.
The successful candidate will work with the Head of Private Equity to deliver data-driven commentary focused on the global private equity market and play key role in articulating and delivering Preqin’s views at industry events and client meetings.
The role sits within a global team of industry and asset-class experts who produce institutional research with high engagement across private markets, as part of a growing subscription-based revenue product. The ideal candidate will possess strong communication skills with a proven track-record of engaging effectively across industry, media and with private markets clients.About Preqin
You will be joining the world’s leading data and insights provider for the alternative assets market. We empower the global financial community with critical information and leading analytics solutions to help them make faster and smarter investment decisions, and to make them with confidence. A forward-thinking company, we lead our industry through innovation. We trust in the power of data, and we use it to increase transparency in alternatives. We believe that access to information leads to more investment in the ideas and infrastructure that build strong communities.In this role you will:
You are a good fit if:
- Write Private Equity focused compelling, practitioner-focused and market-leading analysis, leveraging our expansive alternative assets data to help clients better anticipate industry trends and form investment decisions
- Present Preqin’s data-driven perspective to existing and prospective clients to highlight the value of our Research Insights product
- Communicate Preqin’s view of the private equity market to national and global media outlets, through interviews and writing
- Partner with Preqin’s data science team to build models that help us forecast the growth of our industry
- Mentor and review the work of internal team members, ensuring a rigorous analytical and written content of the highest quality.
- You have an advanced degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or a similar field
- Possess research experience and engagement with the industry via publications and presentations
- Are an experienced speaker at industry events and conferences, with demonstrated expertise engaging with clients (candidates with existing media and client relationships are strongly preferred)
- Can demonstrate effective written and verbal presentation skills (samples of previous writing will be requested)
- Are capable of managing multiple and varied projects that require collaboration across Preqin’s Research Insights, Editorial, Content and Sales teams
- Are willing to travel domestically or internationally, up to 20% of the time.
Our culture and values:
- The opportunity to work within a well-regarded organisation in a fast-growing sector.
- Develop your career in a high growth company with an international presence.
- Subsidised Private Medical Insurance via BUPA, after successful completion of 3 months should you wish to.
- Interest-free season ticket loans on completion of probation.
- A pension plan under auto-enrolment which currently requires a minimum employee contribution of 5% of annual salary. This is matched by an employer contribution of 4%. You can opt to contribute more should you wish to. After your 1-year service with the company the employer contribution will be enhanced to match your contribution up to a maximum of 10% of your pensionable earnings. This means that if you are contributing the minimum contribution of 5%, after your 1-year service, Preqin will automatically uplift the company contribution to 5% of annual salary.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Study support of up to £900 per annum for relevant business qualifications and enhanced support of up to $2,500 for CAIA.
- Excellent Offices in London close to Victoria station and the proximity to many shops and restaurants and London’s West End.
- Company-sponsored sports teams.
- Winter and summer office parties and a company-funded team social budget
At Preqin, we’re aligned around common values - our shared beliefs that shape Preqin’s corporate culture:Be customer-obsessed
We exist for our customers. We listen to them and understand their challenges. We design best-in-class data solutions for their success.Act with integrity
We build trust through honesty and transparency. We’re committed to doing the right thing for our customers, our company, and each other.Own your success
We’re a high-performance team. We challenge and champion each other in our pursuit of excellence. We never stop learning and strive to become experts in our fields.Think forward
We lead the industry through innovation. We foster collaboration and creativity to solve our clients’ next challenge and give them a competitive advantage.Make an impact
We drive positive change as individuals, and as a company. We’re passionate about creating a better tomorrow for our industry and our communities.Equal opportunities:
Preqin is an equal opportunity employer, with diversity at the heart of our business. It is the policy of Preqin to ensure equal employment and consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information, socioeconomic status, political affiliation, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Preqin is committed to offering an inclusive and accessible experience for all job seekers, so everyone has the opportunity to be successful. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please let the Preqin recruiter know at the start of the application process. Reasonable accommodations are modifications or adjustments to the application or hiring process that would enable you to fully participate in that process.