Call or email Alisdair at School Staffing Solutions for a full job description.
CFO required for a School's Trust in East London.
There are 3 schools in the Trust and they are looking to expand. Strategic Financial planning and management of Trust finances:
Overseeing accurate bookkeeping
- In collaboration with Principals, CEO and Trustees prepare the Trust budget - annual and forecast
- Monitor spend and income against budgets
- Maintain Cost Centres, identifying account transfers and virements between cost centres, Governors and Cost Centre Holders as appropriate.
- Preparation of Monthly Management accounts including variance reporting and anticipated full year outturn.
- Consolidated to CEO
- Consolidated to Governors
- Member of Finance Sub-Committee with nominated Governor responsibility
- Work with Principals/CEO following recommendations from these meetings.
- Day to day management of the finances of the Trust
- Advising Principals, CEO and Governors on financial matters
- Assisting with preparation of financial appraisals of particular projects
- Review of financial documents related to contracts
- Review census for accuracy and financial implications.
- Review payment runs and approve BACS for payment of invoices.
- Review payroll reports and approve payments for Salaries, including PAYE, NI and Pension Schemes.
- Liaison with bank related to management of bank account.
- Maintain appropriate controls on online banking
Management of Finance Procedures and Processes
- Management of PS Financials system
- Maintain Users
- Maintain accounting periods
- Maintain accounts and nominal ledger
- Maintain Purchase Order approval workflow
- Review monthly accounts and highlight corrections to Finance Officer
- Ensure appropriate access to accounts in PSF
- Understand and implement Academies Trust Handbook
- Create and maintain Financial Procedures Manual
- Ensure adherence to Financial Procedures Manual
- Train staff in financial procedures and policies
- Ensure ordering and authorisation of spend process is followed
- Ensure appropriate segregation of financial duties
Financial accounting and reporting
- Reviewing and updating Finance related items onTrust Risk Register.
Year End and Audits
- Prepare the annual accounts and balance sheet.
- 5 Finance Reports per year to Trustee Committee
- 3 Finance Reports per year to Full Board
- Review and submission of accounts to DfE
- Review and submission of accounts return to DfE
- Prepare and submit 3 year budget return to DfE
- Ensure correct year end cut-off and appropriate calculation of year end journals.
- Ensure all costs and income are recorded in the correct year and highlight any unclaimed income or clawbacks to be included in current period
- Prepare papers for auditors
- Preparation of Year End Accounts
- Co-operate with Trust auditors
- Internal audits
- Financial controls
- Fixed Assets
- Input to others as required
Please note that duties will vary and you will be expected to contribute to the overall aims of the Trust when required.
School Staffing Solutions Ltd is acting as an employment business for this position.
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and we are therefore permitted to ask job applicants to declare all convictions and cautions (including those which are "spent" unless they are "protected" under the DBS filtering rules) in order to assess their suitability to work with children.
Please note that candidates that are shortlisted might be subject to an online search. As a result of the volume of applications, If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received, then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.