Are you an experience payroll professional looking to start a new role working for a truly unique organisation? Do you value a role which can offer great work life balance flexibility and hybrid working?
Are you looking to get started immediately and available for a min of 6 months? If so this role could be the opportunity you are looking for!
What will you be doing as a Payroll Assistant?
• Under the direction of the Payroll Officer, support the pay related elements of P&OD transactions to ensure the accurate processing and checking of pay inputs, in any one of a number of broad process areas, namely: starters, leavers, changes and absence
• To be the first point of contact for managers and employees with pay related queries.
• Completing new starters, setting up appropriate elements for pay on all types of starter records, including employed staff, casuals, hourly paid demonstrators etc.
• Processing resignations, annual leave payments, administering end of fixed term contract pay processes.
• Processing pay changes to contracts, including extensions, transfers, flexible working outcomes, redeployment administration etc.
• Dealing with pay inputs associated with maternity, paternity and adoption leave, sabbaticals and career breaks, and upload of sickness absence data and associated calculations.
• In carrying out the above tasks, work in partnership with the Payroll Assistant and Employment Services Team to ensure that the necessary pay related transactions are completed in an efficient and pro-active manner, maintaining strict adherence to Inland Revenue Guidelines
• Undertake appropriate checks to ensure the accuracy and validity of all payments prior to transmission, querying and challenging discrepancies and matters of compliance with the organisation procedures and legal requirements, escalating these to the Payroll Officer as appropriate
• Dealing with pay related queries, undertaking pay calculations and investigations where necessary to resolve issues, escalating complex queries to the Payroll Officer as appropriate.
• Maintaining confidentiality of information and protecting personal data in line with internal procedures
We would LOVE to hear from you if you have the following skills and experience:
• Knowledge and experience of Payroll processes, ideally with a recognised payroll qualification
• All round Payroll knowledge and/or experience, including PAYE, NI, SSP, SMP etc, and an awareness of associated HR transactions
• Experience of working in a process driven, team environment, demonstrating an ability to be flexible and provide support for colleagues
• Good communication skills, demonstrating an ability to deal with a wide range of people
What will you get in return for your work as a Payroll Assistant?
• Immediate start
• 6 month temporary position
• Salary GBP24248-25742 dependant on experience
• Weekly pay
• Paid annual leave
• Hybrid working available following an initial training period
If this sounds like a role you will LOVE, please send your CV to us today!
We aim to respond to all successful applications within 2 days. If you haven't been contacted within 2 days your application has been unsuccessful. Please check our Website and apply directly for any other suitable positions you see. We apologise that we are unable to contact everyone in person and thank you for your interest.
Are you on Facebook? Consider following our Facebook page as this is the first place where we post the most up to date vacancies, along with CV tips, interview techniques and so much more. Check us out on Facebook.