Service Charge Accountant/Analyst - Hertford (Hybrid) - £38,000 to £43,000 D.O.E
My client, a successful residential management firm, are currently seeking a Service Charge Accountant to work with the service charge accounts team to prepare and manage the service charge accounts for a portfolio of 250 residential blocks.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful residential management firm with ambitious growth plans and opportunity to implement ideas and structures.
You will be responsible for ensuring the service charge accounts ledgers are maintained to a high standard. Preparing and presenting to internal and external stakeholders the service charge financial and management accounting reports. Liaising with external accountants to see the accounts through the certification/audit.Key duties and responsibilities
- Review ledgers for consistency and quality, before and after review by the responsible PM
- Identify, calculate and enter accruals and prepayment journal
- Prepare regular and ad hoc financial management reports including budget versus actual reports in a timely manner for the property managers and clients. Help the PM's analyse and explain variances
- Explain the meaning of the numbers to stakeholders, including analysis of the balance sheet to explain the reserve position on paper and the position in terms of available cash
- Ensure the Service Charge administrators have reconciled supplier accounts, in particular utility suppliers.
- Calculate the billing and reconcile non budgeted utility and insurance re-charges. Including reconciling heat power networks controlled by third parties like Welcome Energy & Data Energy.
- Develop and maintain client relationships and confidence; visit sites to build knowledge / attend client meetings if required.
- Prepare useable and informative budget templates. Provide financial insight and assist the Property Managers with preparation of their budgets
- Develop the budget process to ensure allocations and splits are consistent and documented; the source of the numbers identifiable; best practice has been followed; logic applied and that they are presented in a useable & professional format.
- At the year-end ensure the ledgers are in good order and prepare high quality accounting information on accruals basis & liaise with the property managers and accountants to obtain certified / audited accounts.
- To understand and be able to do all aspects of the service charge accounts administrator role. To assist with holidays / sick cover and ensure a thorough understanding of the processes to assist and develop process controls to prevent problems occurring and maintain the integrity of the accounting ledgers.
- Work with the PM's and service charge accounts team and managers to create practical documented information of how the buildings work and interpret that into financial information. Such as creating % allocation matrix and tools that assist the PM's / PMA's to code consistently and correctly.
- Ensuring the service charge accounts team are effective and productive, including mentoring and training of existing and new staff. Develop their skills and implement process changes to improve productivity & control. Certify and document processes.
- Service Charge Accounts experience
- Excellent computer literacy and a good working knowledge of Microsoft office systems, including word and excel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build close working relationships with colleagues, external clients and suppliers.
- Commercial awareness and ability to manage and deal with confidential data/issues appropriately
- Knowledge of preparing reports, presentation and general correspondence
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with QUBE software would be highly advantageous
Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm (2/3 days working from home)
£38,000 to £43,000 Dependant on Experience Parking:
Onsite Parking Available
If you are a proactive individual who is keen to progress their career within a fantastic firm, please contact Megan on the Business Support team at Dove & Hawk Property Recruitment.