It’s an exciting time to be joining Citi with the growth of the Institutional Credit Management (ICM). The objective is to provide an integrated “end-to-end” credit underwriting, identification, measurement, management, monitoring and reporting for wholesale credit businesses across the enterprise. Institutional Client Group (ICG) In-Business Quality Assurance is an integral part of the ICM organization.
The Business Risk Officer is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family.
- Responsible for managing and supporting multiple risk and control programs for the organization including defining the strategy, approach, processes, quality, tools and reporting that provide global risk management consistency and excellence.
- Establishes quarterly audit process of attributes to ensure proper calculation and control.
- Works closely with business partners on findings and makes recommendations on improving practices.
- Develops procedural implementation and change management process with Operations and Reporting team to ensure proper governance and controls exist.
- Examines procedures for consistency and gaps relative to regulations in addition to impacts on customer experience.
- Conducts internal testing of dispute processes to ensure control.
- Monitors exceptions to dispute policy and identifies drivers of exceptions.
- Leverages data to examine impacts to Customer Experience and Regulatory breaks.
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firms reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Relevant experience in Business Risk & Controls
- Experience in BCBS 239 is highly desirable
- MS Excel, MS Access, SAS, SQL, Visual Basic a plus. relevant years’ experience in financial services.
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Effective organizational influencing skills required.
- Third party vendor management preferred. Demonstrated ability to lead global team efforts
- Excellent problem solving skills Ability to see the big pictures with high attention to critical details
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement strategy and process improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree
- 27 Annual leave days plus all national bank holidays
- Non contributory Pension scheme
- Bupa Private Medical scheme
- Discretionary Market competitive bonus scheme.
- Hybrid Working model (dependent on role).