WE DO’s Enterprise Operations, Global Corporate Operations function provides a simplified, digitally enabled, world class transformational experience to our business partners with the highest integrity and quality. Through its Global Service Management team, it is responsible for supporting the Finance and HR organizations through third party vendor management, operational and continuous improvement initiatives, service levels and key performance metrics, service governance and knowledge programs across its support framework.
The Record to Report Global Process Lead (GPL) is responsible for managing the account relationship with a third-party finance operations service provider and liaising with Finance’s General Accounting Global Process Owner (GPO) and other stakeholders. The role will ensure optimum service delivery via various quality, service metric and performance assessments alongside the governance and management of new transitions, process changes and improvements for the various record to report processes. The Role:
- Responsible for the relationship and business management of a finance operations third party BPO vendor including end to end contracting, negotiations, business continuity, business case development & value capture, and compliance.
- Key point of interaction with the Finance’s General Accounting GPO and the third-party service provider leadership for operational delivery, governance, transitions, and service improvements.
- Define and agree on Service Level Agreements with the third-party service provider, including KPIs, and manage performance.
- Responsible for managing the operational governance structure - daily/weekly sub governance meetings through to management and strategic forums.
- Responsible for finance operations service management
- Service monitoring - resolving operational recurring challenges, escalations, and systemic issues. Determine root cause to prevent re-occurrence.
- Responsible for guiding all parties to suitable resolutions.
- Resource and capacity management
- Drive Performance management via service level
- Feedback channel for lessons learned and improvements.
- Management and co-partner of continuous improvement initiatives, operationalize processes due to technology and/or GAAP/Regulatory changes and transition of new volumes and services to third party service provider; including:
- Partnering with General Accounting GPO and Service Provider to manage new services and approved initiatives within the service management governance framework.
- Proactively identify and implement operational process improvements.
- Project prioritization, business case development and benefits realization
- Acting as transitional and change champion
- Responsible for partnering with program/transitional management teams and other enabling functions.
- Responsible for communicating outcomes and progress to relevant stakeholders.
- Plan and allocate sufficient resources to initiatives, providing priority based on changing functional needs, resource capacity, risk exposure and interdependencies.
- Establish a value-driven and consistent culture, globally - that is metrics driven, outcome focused, process based, and focused on service and continuous operational improvement.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Extensive operational centralization/shared services strategies and execution experience. Both onshore and offshore methodologies and management.
- Extensive experience and advanced knowledge of UK and US GAAP, record to report, and financial operations metric/analytical reporting. Qualified accountant a plus.
- Strong negotiations and relationship management skills
- Ability to manage and motivate team members to optimize team effectiveness, collaboration and to work in a continuous improvement environment.
- Experience working in a shared services environment; managing, analyzing, and improving service level agreements and key performance indicators.
- Familiarity with best practices in Record to Report (RTR) and ability to to recognize the need for change and embrace new ways of thinking and working that align with business objectives and financial targets.
- Experience in project management, service management, quality management or other continuous improvement initiatives - Lean Six Sigma and Design Thinking a plus
- Experience with working alongside and influencing stakeholders across different levels of seniority and successfully influencing outcomes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to comfortably engage with and build trust with remote teams and internal customers.
- Demonstrate a global, multicultural, and cross functional mind set.
- Possess strong change leadership and management skills to empower improvements drive change.
- Availability to travel as business requires.
- Experience with Oracle and other ERP platforms, proficient with MS office applications.
At WTW, we believe difference makes us stronger. We want our workforce to reflect the different and varied markets we operate in and to build a culture of inclusivity that makes colleagues feel welcome, valued and empowered to bring their whole selves to work every day. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive work environment throughout our organisation. We embrace all types of diversity.