Head of Finance (Deputy S151 Officer)
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full time
Starting salary £71,826
We are proud to be working with Cambridgeshire Constabulary who are currently seeking a Head of Finance for their highly performing finance team.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced CCAB qualified accountant and leader to progress their career in a stimulating, challenging and highly rewarding role, where your efforts have a direct and vital impact in delivering policing for the communities of Cambridgeshire. If you are an individual with the skills and enthusiasm to deliver strong and efficient finance services, we would love to hear from you.
What will you be doing?
Reporting to the CFO and Director of Resources, you will be responsible for planning, leading, managing and developing the provision of finance and accounting services, Force-wide.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• All elements of the financial cycle, planning the annual budget and medium-term financial strategy, budget monitoring and preparing the Police and Crime Commissioner’s and Chief Constable’s statutory Statement of Accounts
• Preparing longer term strategic documents
• Monitoring financial performance against the strategic corporate plan
• Formulating, planning, delivering and monitoring the corporate treasury management strategy in line with statute, regulation and codes of practice
• Contract management relative to the service
• Providing professional finance advice, guidance and business partnering to non-financial police staff and officers
• Building and maintaining relationships with key individuals in our collaborated services with Bedfordshire Police and Hertfordshire Constabulary proving financial support, advice and management
• Leading, managing and developing the Finance team of 18 posts with direct line management of 3 Principal Accountants
• Being the designated Deputy S151 Officer to provide cover for the Chief Finance Officer and Director of Resources as required
What do you need?
We are looking for an experienced CCAB qualified accountant with extensive experience (greater than 8 years) of financial strategy, planning, monitoring, and reporting in large, complex organisations with significant budgets.
You must have a sound knowledge of local government finance and accounting, and demonstrably strong, current, technical accounting skills.
Demonstrable experience and a high level of influencing, communication and stakeholder management skills.
It would be highly desirable for you to have experience in the Police arena, although this is not essential.
Please click the apply button and complete the details required. We will then be in touch with next steps.
Interested? Click apply now!
Closing Date: 8th February 2024
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
From £71,826.00 per year
Work from home