The FinOps Lead will provide strategic leadership while supporting tactical execution and be responsible for leading a small team, managing technology costs of the organisation, and ensuring the delivery of identified savings initiatives. The leader of this function will have responsibility for creating, sustaining, implementing, and adopting efficient and effective operating processes to support the financial needs for the portfolio. This individual will collaborate with leaders and stakeholders across the organisation to ensure coordination and execution of activities related to the delivery of technology projects. Essential duties will include managing governance around financial processes, articulating, and helping to define project direction and priorities, communicating project status and issues, and actively acting to reduce risk and resolve issues. In addition, the FinOps leader will support training and development specific to program delivery process, operational tools, and status reporting. The position requires significant interaction with cross-functional departments within the business, collaboration across the technology portfolio, and excellent communication and relationship management skills to influence and resolve issues.
• Lead multiple Portfolio(s) in support of business/CTO objectives.
• Update, advise, and collaborate with senior and executive leadership regarding the ongoing alignment of the portfolio to the business and technology strategy.
• Collaborate with business, technology, and finance teams to achieve successful outcomes.
• Ensure that portfolio is complying with delivery processes, IT Governance, internal and external audit requirements and standards.
• Apply best practices to the development of operational and financial process and procedures; tailored to the needs of the technology team, finance team and all stakeholders.
• Play an active leadership role to coordinate the budget and funding process for the fiscal year, considering savings initiatives.
• Experience managing and developing teams to success.
• Responsible for vendor management & vendor consolidation where appropriate.
• Ensure that financial and operational benefits are defined and managed during the portfolio lifecycle, and that the realisation is monitored.
• Identify, track, and help resolve cross-portfolio dependencies and conflicts.
• Serve as the point of escalation for stakeholders with issues directly related to financial operations.
• Engage with business transformation team to ensure business continuity and control.
• Present a consolidated view of costs across the business.
• Be an integral part of the Spend Control Tower implementation and as BAU.
• Provide regular communication on improvements and achievements.
• Work with procurements, vendors and other stakeholders on a new contract management solution.
• Bachelor’s degree or other related experience.
• Ten years combined Operations and Finance experience, with preferred focus with IT/Technology businesses.
• Successfully managed a large portfolio with multiple business stakeholders.
• Proven track record of successfully managing and executing large scale, cross functional initiatives that lead to measurable results and/or top-tier consulting experience.
• Experience in implementing and maintaining accurate key performance measures relating to operational and finance best practices.
• Outstanding leadership and organizational skills.
• Ability to think strategically in a structured manner and to influence IT portfolio plans, delivery, and recommendations.
• Established reputation for building relationships with senior leaders in a large, complex organisation and effectively leveraging those relationships to engage/influence outcomes.
• Excellent verbal, written communication, and presentation skills.
• Ability to work with both technology and subject matter experts in the business.Wellbeing focused
- Our people are our greatest assets, and ensuring everyone feels their best self to come to work is integral
- Annual Leave - 25 days of annual leave, plus public holidays and the ability to buy additional days
- Employee Assistance Programme - Free advice, support, and confidential counselling available 24/7 through Care First
- Endometriosis Friendly Employer - We are proud to confirm our commitment to developing an environment and culture that allows those with endometriosis to thrive in the workplace
- Regardless of where you are at in your career, we’re committed to enabling your growth personally and professionally
Financial wellbeing -
- Development Programmes - From Future Managers to Leadership Training, our development programmes help you get where you need to go
- Performance Bonus - Our Group-wide bonus scheme enables you to reap the rewards of your success
We understand as well as your mental wellbeing, your financial wellbeing is really important
- Pension Scheme - Our plan with Scottish Widows offers 5% matched contribution by the company
- Income protection insurance - Providing you with support and assistance when you need it most
- Highlighting and rewarding the great work our people do
Making a Difference
- Values Awards - Our quarterly employee-driven initiative to highlight and reward the people in the organisation who embody our values the most
- Clear Review - Our own technology platform that allows you to get real-time feedback, conversations and goals to help you become your best self
- we provide opportunities to help our people make a difference to the causes they care about
- MatchIt! - Fundraise for a cause close to your heart and Advanced will match part of the funding
- Volunteering Time - Our volunteering leave scheme allows you to use your time to help those who need it
- Pennies from Heaven - donate the pennies from your pay check to help make a difference without lifting a finger
We are one the UK’s largest tech companies, and our products sit at the heart of some of the country's best-known businesses. We’ve grown phenomenally quickly with a £275m turnover and 2,800 employees supporting over 25,000 customers. We hire for potential.
We want to make sure we have the best people for the job and provide genuinely equal opportunities for our people to thrive. Our recruitment process is designed with inclusion and equity at its core.
Find out more about the next steps once you’ve applied here - careers.oneadvanced.com/how-we-hire