Overview Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the "bank of banks" - 97% of the world's top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we're approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon
is all about.
We're seeking a future team member for the role of Vice President, Pricing/Data/Deal Modelling & Analytics Ito join our Asset Servicing Control team. This role is located in Manchester and is hybrid.
In this role, you'll make an impact in the following ways:
- Pricing/Data/Deal Modeling and Analytics - Implement and build product and services pricing models. Provide costs and revenue control analysis and support. Develop pricing matrices/rate cards.
- Review deals and create fee estimates to onboard clients and build out services for client.
- Work collaboratively with internal teams, such as technology, finance, and client service delivery teams, to complete unit cost analyses, which are used to develop product pricing for products/services.
- Develop presentations that clearly articulate findings of unit cost analyses and how products/services will be priced.
- Collaborate with product teams to agree pricing benchmarks and guard rails. Support in the costing out and implementation of new services into the pricing models and fee schedules.
- Develops suggestions for structuring pricings to be more attractive and profitable and help determine margins. Work closely with client service delivery and product teams to improve/maintain profitable business, identify areas of revenue leakage.
- Work closely with revenue billing services partners and ensure invoices and fee schedules have the right components captured to avoid revenue leakage.
- Maintain good hygiene around capture of management information and KPIs.
- Lead, support and encourage initiatives for process and policy improvement.
- No direct reports.
To be successful in this role, we're seeking the following:
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills required.
- Experience in financial accounting, economics preferred.
- Experience conducting qualitative and quantitative analysis in a business setting is preferred.
- Advanced Excel skills required (Power Query, Power Pivot, VB & Large data set manipulation)
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here's a few of our awards:
- Fortune World's Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg's Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion , Disability: IN - 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- CDP's Climate Change 'A List'
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life's journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.