Aon is currently recruiting a Senior Account Manager (broker back up technician) to join our UK Aviation Reinsurance Solutions technical support team in London.
The role necessitates working closely with colleagues in the broking team to ensure a high level of technical advice and professional service is given to Clients. The Account Manager will primarily be responsible for technical and administrative support within our UK Aviation team in the placing and servicing of treaty reinsurance placements. Experience is essential as the candidate will be expected to offer opinions and develop solutions to meet Client needs.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
Reinsurance Solutions, a division of Aon plc, is the world's leading reinsurance intermediary and full-service capital advisor. We empower our clients to better understand, manage and transfer risk through innovative solutions and personalised access to all forms of global reinsurance capital across treaty, facultative and capital markets. As a trusted advocate, we deliver local reach to the world's markets, an unparalleled investment in innovative analytics, including catastrophe management, actuarial and rating agency advisory. Through our professionals' expertise and experience, we advise clients in making optimal capital choices that will empower results and improve operational effectiveness for their business. With more than 80 offices in 50 countries, our worldwide client base has access to the broadest portfolio of integrated capital solutions and services.
About the role
As a Senior Account Manager your key responsibilities will include:
- Working in partnership with the broking team in the marketing of treaty reinsurance placements, involving communication with clients, colleagues from regional Aon offices and reinsurers.
- Providing detailed technical advice on all contractual matters, including drafting of bespoke clauses and provisions as required.
- Negotiating on the content of contracts with clients and reinsurers throughout the placement process.
- The production of contractual documentation including contract wordings, endorsements and evidence of cover.
- The collection and analysis of data necessary for the preparation of client and market submissions and presentations, offering insight where required.
- Liaising with brokers, account executives, account managers, analytics teams, clients and reinsurers regarding submission information, portfolio developments, contract wordings and the resulting impact on reinsurance throughout the renewal process.
- The resolution of queries received from clients and reinsurers, involving liaising with colleagues within other departments as necessary.
- Supporting brokers by ensuring the efficient delivery of all Aon products and tools.
- The population and maintenance of data within Aon's IT systems.
- Working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any group company.
As an experienced Account Manager your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Relevant experience working in Reinsurance broking, ideally within Aviation business.
- The ability to lead technical conversations both internally and in the marketplace.
- To be educated to A Level standard or equivalent.
- Good interpersonal skills including effective communication and presentation skills.
- The ability to work well as part of a team.
- An excellent attention to detail.
- Good level of numeracy.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- An understanding of London (re)insurance market dynamics and core processes.
- Technical (re)insurance knowledge.
- To demonstrate integrity and professionalism.
- A competency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- An ability to work in an environment where deadlines must be adhered to.
Salary and benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.
Aon also support continuous learning both on the job, through Aon University and industry qualifications such as CII.
Our colleague experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do.
Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we're happy to discuss options with you upon application.