What the Hiring Manager Says
We have an exciting opportunity for an Investment Manager to join our Birmingham team. You will support a senior Investment Manager and his team in the management of their large and long-standing client base with an AUM of £400m, by providing investment advice and/or investment management services to private clients of Quilter Cheviot in accordance with their individual circumstances and investment objectives.
Deputy Head of the Office
About the Role
Department Investment Management Location:
Contract type: Permanent
- Attract, develop and retain a portfolio of private client relationships to maximise asset and revenue growth by meeting client's needs, including managing client assets on a discretionary or advisory basis as well as introducing other products and services according to the overall strategy of the firm.
- To assess existing and potential clients' circumstances, investment objectives and attitude to risk, and recommend appropriate Quilter Cheviot and other professional services as relevant.
- To ensure that any investment advice and decisions to trade are suitable for the client, taking into consideration their individual circumstances.
- To ensure that all client relationships are properly documented and all required information is obtained from the client on a timely basis, ensuring where relevant that "know your client" information is maintained up-to-date and properly documented.
- To provide investment advice appropriate to the client's needs, and in compliance with all relevant rules, regulations and in-house policies and procedures.
- To have a clear understanding of the client's investment objectives, risk profile, investment experience and financial resource and be clear about the suitability of the recommendations to advisory clients and of the transactions effected for clients under a discretionary mandate.
- To attend and participate in relevant company meetings as required in the various other aspects of the quilter cheviot investment selection process.
- To provide clients and/or their agents with such information and reports about their investment transactions, income payments and investment performance as requested and/or specified in the terms and conditions of the relevant service.
- To liaise as required with the Marketing and Business Development functions in initiating and developing new business opportunities.
- The ideal candidate will be nearing the end of their level 7 exams or have recently completed them
- Knowledge and experience of investment management
- Ability and flexibility to learn proprietary IT systems quickly
- Flexibility to work unusual hours on occasion and when required.
- Ability to prioritise workloads and complete tasks to deadlines
- Professional qualifications as specified by the relevant regulatory authority and the Company's T&C Scheme.
- Adapts successfully to changing business demands and conditions.
- Handles tasks with thoroughness and accuracy, and recognises errors.
- Communicates clearly and listens well.
- Writes in a clear and concise manner, using appropriate grammar, style and language for the reader.
- Be able to communicate at all levels in the company about complex topics.
- Understands and applies current regulatory obligations and procedures to achieve compliance.
- Uses relevant company computer systems well and keeps this knowledge up to date.
- Maintains appropriate behaviour in the face of setbacks or pressure.
- Contributes to team objectives and gets on well with other team members.
- Manages time effectively to meet deadlines.
- Makes systematic and rational judgments based on appropriate information.
- Builds and maintains appropriate business relationships with internal and external clients.
- Accepts responsibility, solves problems, and makes appropriate decisions consistent with the role.
We are committed to creating an inclusive culture which embraces diversity.
We promote equal opportunities and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability.
We select candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications, experience and potential.
Our purpose is to help the generations today and tomorrow to prosper. That means we must guide people through the complexity of planning for their future, with the right financial advice and investment solutions, so that they can have more secure financial futures.
In this ever-changing world, we see that our role in society has never been more meaningful, and we are committed to using our expertise and care to guide our customers through these challenging and unprecedented times.
Our impressive talents and capabilities set us apart, but our unwavering commitment to our customers is what defines us. We truly believe that we have all the ingredients to be the very best in our industry, and we want great people with the care and creativity that we need, to help us get there.
#LI-VS1 #QuilterCheviot #QC
Holiday: 26 days
Quilter Incentive Scheme: All employees are eligible to participate in our incentive scheme, based on the company's performance and their contribution to it
Pension Scheme: 10% non-contributory company pension scheme that can be boosted through personal contributions
Private Medical Insurance: Single cover as standard, cover can be increased at your own cost
Life Assurance: 4x your salary, cover can be increased at your own cost
Income Protection: 75% of salary payable after 26 weeks of absence
In addition to our core benefits we offer a range of flexible benefits that you can choose from and pay for conveniently via a salary deduction.