New ways of working:
Here at Direct Line Group, we recognise the importance of flexibility, not only in our personal lives but also in the way we work. Our mixed model way of working offers a 'best of both worlds' approach combining the best parts of home and office-working, offering flexibility for everyone.
We've ditched the daily commute for a virtual first approach. If you do come into the office, there are exciting workspaces and zones you can use, depending on the type of work you are doing
We have an exciting opportunity for a Team Leader to join our Bristol based Motor Damage Defendant Legal Services team, on a full time and permanent basis.
Reporting to Commercial Operations Manager, you will provide technical supervision, operational and people leadership to a team providing motor damage defendant litigation services, maximising team engagement and performance and optimising utilisation of resources and caseload allocation to deliver the best possible customer experience whilst achieving all financial and operational targets.
What you will be doing
- Effective technical supervision of the team's caseloads of defendant motor damage work, ensuring advice and drafting are to a high standard and compliant with civil procedure rules, and that files are run proactively and in accordance with the client's strategies.
- Proactive resource planning and management within own team and across the function, including capacity planning, recruitment, absence and succession/talent management
- Management, in conjunction with the other team leaders within the function, of workload allocation/workflow to ensure delivery of DLG Legal Services service standards and to maximise productivity across the function
- Management and development of individual team member performance in line with the DLG performance and development framework, setting clear and stretching expectations, regularly discussing progress, coaching and motivating to maximise individual engagement, performance and potential
- Supporting and facilitating individual development through coaching, training needs analysis and, in conjunction with HR and/or the Legal Practice team, sourcing and scheduling training and development interventions
- Creating and maintaining a high-quality of employee experience and engagement by delivering excellent team communication, understanding and responding to your team members' motivations and drivers and fostering a rewarding and enjoyable work environment
- Embed and reinforce a customer-focused culture where the customer journey, ease and experience is front of mind at all times and where every team member takes full ownership and accountability for delivering the best possible outcome for the customer and keeping them fully updated throughout the process
- Acting as positive change agent - contributing to the effective continuous improvement of the team and business performance through the identification of potential opportunities for improvement, input into the design of changes and the support and championing of the implementation of change
- Role modelling of the desired work ethic, customer focus, commerciality and values
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant DLG people management processes and procedures when applicable, e.g. disciplinary, grievance, absence management
- Contributing to the monitoring and management of their team's and wider function's budget and financial performance
- Ensuring compliance within their team with all applicable internal complaints and SARs processes
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for someone who cares about their clients and their team, who wants to find solutions for the problems they encounter in their day, who thrives on meeting and exceeding targets and creating a culture of high performance, someone who contributes to policy and process through sharing their expertise and experience with colleagues.
- Significant hands on experience of defending litigated motor claims
- Experience of training, coaching or mentoring junior staff
- A good understanding of relevant law and legal processes
- Experience of supervising or managing a team
- Working knowledge of bringing and defending counterclaims
Working Hours: 35 hours Monday- Friday
Home Working: 3 days from home / 2 days from our Bristol (BS1) office
What we'll give you
We have a strong focus on developing you and your skillset and to give you the tools to do so. In addition to this we also offer a great benefits package;
- 9% Private pension contribution
- Annual bonus - up to 10%
- 50% off home, motor and pet insurance plus free travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover
- Additional optional Health and Dental insurance
- EV car scheme allows all colleagues to lease a brand new electric or plug-in hybrid car in a tax efficient way.
- Generous holidays
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Employee discounts and cashback
- Company car scheme
- Plus many more
Direct Line Group is an equal opportunity employer, and we think diversity of background and thinking is a big strength in our people. We're delighted to feature as one of the UK's Top 50 Inclusive Employers and are committed to making our business an inclusive place to work, where everyone can be themselves and succeed in their careers.
We know you're more than a CV, and the things that make you, you, are what bring potential to our business. We recognise and embrace people that work in different ways so if you need any adjustments to our recruitment process, please speak to the recruitment team who will be happy to support you.