Inclusion at Bumble Inc.
Bumble Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, people with disabilities, and neurodivergent people to apply. We're happy to make any reasonable adjustments that will help you feel more confident throughout the process, please don't hesitate to let us know how we can help.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example: she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).
Bumble is looking for a motivated and analytical Accountant, Financial Accounting to join the London based Finance team for a contract of 6 months.
The ideal candidate will have solid accounting experience to support the financial accounting requirements in a fast-paced environment; navigating between fine operational details and the big picture of Bumble Inc.'s ambitious goals.
Reporting to the Financial Accounting Manager based in the US, this very hands on role will provide accounting support across the finance operations of our UK, US, and other international entities and will support the Senior Financial Accounting Manager in delivering monthly and quarterly deliverables for the group and auditors.
What you'll be doing:
- Prepare management accounts for several companies including balance sheet reconciliations (including accruals, prepayments and fixed assets), P&L and balance sheet variance analysis
- Support quarter-end reviews and year-end external group audit requirements
- Maintain accounting controls for SOX compliance purposes
- Assist the team and liaise with external accountants with local GAAP statutory filings and VAT returns
- Work closely with the wider Finance operations team to make sure that transactions are recorded accurately and completely
- Perform ad-hoc duties from direction of management
- ACCA / CIMA qualified with good accounting knowledge
- Degree qualified, with strong academic performance
- Very strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- High level of attention to detail
- You have the ability to advise on problems and suggest improvements
- You are able to work under pressure and prioritise
- You have experience in building more efficient and robust processes
- You have good working knowledge of Excel to include Pivot Tables and Vlookup
- You are team orientated with a "can do" attitude and flexible approach
- Experience using SAP B1 is ideal
- Understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance requirements is preferred
- Listed company experience is preferred
- UK Statutory Financial Statement preparation experience is preferred
Bumble Inc. is the parent company of Bumble, Badoo, Fruitz and Official. The Bumble platform enables people to build healthy and equitable relationships, through kind connections. Founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014, Bumble was one of the first dating apps built with women at the center and connects people across dating (Bumble Date), friendship (Bumble BFF) and professional networking (Bumble Bizz). Badoo, which was founded in 2006, is one of the pioneers of web and mobile dating products. Fruitz, founded in 2017, encourages open and honest communication of dating intentions through playful fruit metaphors. Official is an app for couples that promotes open and honest communication between partners and was founded in 2020.